window intrusion film
Anyone have this on their windowns or experience installing it.
I have decided i want it on my windows and glass/screen doors.
Is it a diy or should be done by a pro.

I would never try to tint my own windows so my thinking is i should not try with this product.

I assume 3M is the best?

If you don't try, how would you know if you couldn't? The directions guide you well.

The hardest part is testing it.
IMO, there aren't many people who do it for a living that do a great job installing it. If you choose to have it done, ask for references where the install is at least a few years old, and go look at them.
Last place I worked at, was a commercial door company. It was sent to our store front supplier. Call a commercial glass company. Stuff will let the glass break, but still be secure. Some glass was glued into the frames for better security.

Al
I turn, therefore I am!
I called a place and they quoted me $8.50/sf installed and $1.50/sf more for uv tinted. They use a product from this company... http://northamerica.llumar.com/ . I watched a couple install videos and it is not something i want to spend my time doing plus you need two people for bigger windows. I also want to get a couple more quotes and find out what product other companies are selling.

I tried tinting a window at my previous house. 2/3's of it looked good, the last 1/3 had bubbles that I had no luck getting rid of.

For the bigger windows, I had professionals do it.

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. - Philip K. Dick

Mark

For security, perhaps have an image of a huge dogs snarling face in the windows. They should make a film like that.

And then get a real dog to surprise them when they realize it is fake.
Professional installation only according to 3M

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en...y_Window_Films/

Can I install 3M Window Film myself?

No, 3M Window Films require professional application; our authorized 3M Window Film Dealers are thoroughly trained and experienced in performing high quality work. In this way, our customers will enjoy the benefits of 3M Window Films and have the comfort of the 3M warranty.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
I have three dogs that are more than happy to greet people when they arrive. If, for some reason, they don't like you, you won't be getting out of your vehicle. its happened a few times.

The largest is 130 pounds, and he has an awesome deep bark. The smallest is about 40. Its actually the two smaller ones that you have look out for.....I tell people the smaller ones will bite you, the big one will rip your arm off.

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. - Philip K. Dick

Mark

meackerman said:

I have three dogs that are more than happy to greet people when they arrive. If, for some reason, they don't like you, you won't be getting out of your vehicle. its happened a few times.

The largest is 130 pounds, and he has an awesome deep bark. The smallest is about 40. Its actually the two smaller ones that you have look out for.....I tell people the smaller ones will bite you, the big one will rip your arm off.

3M only makes modest security claims for their anti-intrusion films. I would think of it more like converting regular glass to shatter resistant glass like you have on your car's windshield.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.