Anyone see the Milwaukee M18 SCMS up close?
Just got an email about it I am curious to hear more from people that have used it

Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

Taking it up a couple more notches, did anyone see Dewalt's new stuff? 60 and 120 volt cordless? Yikes!
Good judgement is the product of experience.
Experience is the product of poor judgement.
Yes, there has to be a bunch of engineers thinking "why didn't I think of that"

Ed
EdL said:

Yes, there has to be a bunch of engineers thinking "why didn't I think of that"

Ed

Probably because around 40v and below is considered safe to skin contact. However higher voltage reduces amps and wire sizes. I wonder how close it will be to the advertised voltage. IE their 20v stuff is actually 18v.
No Milwaukee is already doing the comparison http://highdemand.milwaukeetool.com/?gcl...4TdAxoCpI7w_wcB Dan
obviously, batteries are less happy at high currents, but they don't really like to be in series either. And high voltages makes charging harder as well. Our 36v Dewalt drill went through batteries like crazy, all I can say is I'm glad it wasn't my money. finally gave up on it because doing the paperwork to order new batteries all the time was too much work
apparently only sold in Europe.
EricU said:

obviously, batteries are less happy at high currents, but they don't really like to be in series either. And high voltages makes charging harder as well. Our 36v Dewalt drill went through batteries like crazy, all I can say is I'm glad it wasn't my money. finally gave up on it because doing the paperwork to order new batteries all the time was too much work

True. Lithium packs will have more problems as you add more cells in series because it only takes one cell that's not matched quite right to ruin a whole pack and not let it recharge.
A friend of mine was using dw and I have fixed some of his "20v" batteries that wouldn't charge as one cell was slightly too low and the charger won't charge the pack. Just charge that cell a little to make the charger happy and let it do its thing.

As for the saw makita has one but you have to free up 2 batteries to run it.

I don't have any milwaukee 18v stuff yet but I am looking at buying in to get the hole hawg. I have a bunch of the 12v and the batteries are the best I have ever used. None have failed and the oldest are 3 years plus old. Never had any battery last that long.
I bought the makita miter saw years ago charged up the batteries cut one 2x and put it on CL as I could tell it wasn't up to the task. I ran into the guy that bought a few years after that and he was not happy with the purchase
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

i remember the rumors around here a while ago about the milwaukee 9.0 ah battery.

i'm a BIG fan of the milwaukee 18V line -- i've got a bunch of tools, and also 2 of the 5.0 ah batteries. just great stuff.