Found out my upper guide assembly was broke right before...
selling my 14" BS. I tried a test cut, before the guy got here and the blade kept kicking off the vertical bearing. I made a few guide block adjustments with no luck and then rolled the bearing post to bring the blade closer to the middle of the bearing. When I went to tighten the bracket back on the height adj. post I felt something give and realized the aluminum was cracked on one side. The guy drove over and hour and was almost here, so I came up with a fix of bolting a customized piece of a pipe u-clamp, by cutting the tabs off. I then drilled and tapped everything and put it together while he was here. It seemed to go together really well and test cuts were good. We did try sourcing the part with no luck, but did find a roller bearing upgrade assembly from ebay for ~$56, that he can get if it fails. I was pretty bummed and told him I was just glad I found it before he left. We stayed with the same price; I just ended up throwing the fence in with the deal.

Bob
Sorry you had this happen but it sounds like it could have been much worse. Have you or the buyer looked at Grizzly band saw parts? The blade guide assembly was a weak point on some of them and I wonder if they'd have replacement assemblies in stock.

I had a G1148 that did the same thing. It was made of cast pot metal and was pretty flimsy. I think the G1019 14" band saw was pretty much a generic chi-wanese 14" band saw. Harbor Freight would be another thought.
What saw? I have almost all the parts for a Delta 14" that I parted out to sell. PM me if I can help.
Thanks for the offer, it is a delta, roughly 7-8 years old...28-276. I honestly think it is going to be good for the light work he described he will be doing, if not he can he can source the part. At least he was decent about it and patient while waiting for me to rush through my repair. It cost me $50-75 on the fence, but at least it's gone. Now I just need to unload that dang 20".

Bob
You may check with Iturra Design. They may have a better replacement part.

I replaced my BS blade tensioner (Jet 14") from them a couple years ago.

AFAIK, They still don't have a website.

KALL@comcast.net
Order: 904-642-2802
4636 Fulton Rd
Jacksonville, Fl 32225-1332
WoodTinker