What are these screws/bolts called?
Our kids' playset had bolts similar to these but the heads are about 1" diameter and each has a torx head so you tighten them together. Each side looks like a carriage bolt with a torx cutout in the middle. The ones for the playset have the male threaded for the full length..but this is the picture I found by searching " male female threaded carriage head"... doesn't matter either way.

Looking to buy more of those for another project. What are they called and where do I find them?

Thanks!

Although not exactly the like that, I have seen similar bolts called "sex bolts". Not making that up. Try that in the search on Grainger's website or McMaster's website, MSC Direct might also have them. Not sure who else.

Paul
Paul
They were right, I SHOULDN'T have tried it at home!
Sex bolts

Twinn
Will post for food.
ditto... I've always heard them called "sexbolts"
WoodNET... the new safespace
Or barrel bolt
joe1086 said:

Or barrel bolt

I've seen barrel bolt used for these also though.

https://www.amazon.com/Barrel-Furniture-...B00CAUFIG4
WoodNET... the new safespace
Thanks guys! Yeah...I'll look at specific websites like McMaster_Carr...not doing a general Google search for those.
Chicago Screws
https://www.chicagoscrews.com/
you might try this
south vietnam war collage
JosephP said:

Thanks guys! Yeah...I'll look at specific websites like McMaster_Carr...not doing a general Google search for those.

Google was surprisingly innocent
A google search for "connector bolts" returned these results. Seems to be along those lines...
Benny