Dust collection pipe and fittings
Oneida cyclone, the 3hp V series, is coming tues so got to start thinking of pipe. Ordered before from a company called Spiral Manufacturing inc and it was great stuff. But they dont have a price list now and that was 10years ago so would like some alternatives.

Where did you guys buy your pipe and fittings?
I recommend calling the local ac duct fabricators. Here its M&M and they make nice stuff. Spiral from around 4" up to 24" or so from steel or aluminum. If you have a material list have them give you a quote. If you do go that route let us know as we plan to move near there in a year and I'll have to build a new shop.
Metal ducts cost a fortune and aren't necessary. IMO money is better spent elsewhere.

Go with 6-8"PVC for the main trunk/6 for the drops.
I like pvc but the fittings are a fortune. A 6" wye is over $30 but the pipe isn't too bad at about $26 a stick. Anything bigger than 4" gets pricey quick. Also the affordable pipe is all foam core which breaks very easily ie if you drop it on the ground it's likely to break. BTDT.

Course you can use the template maker on harderwoods site to make your own.
Well this is my third DC system. First one I did all 6in sewer and drain pipe and it was good. But shocked me, esp the planer. Back then all the big box stores carried it but no longer...at least not around here. I got pretty good bending it with a heat gun. Its heavy and not as easy to find as it once was.

Second time went with spiral pipe and that is what I will use again. Much lighter working above my head and no shock. Its the fittings that cost, not the pipe.

Since I have such a small two garage shop I wont need a huge amount. I am grouping all my stationary tools in an "island" away from the walls. Its the wide 90's and laterals that cost. I will start with 7in until the first drop.

I found another place...."The Blastgate company"...much better looking quality than the Oneida fittings and snap together pipe.
Check out Kencraft company. Good prices and great selection.
Just doing a system right now out of Spiral pipe.. I had 6" PVC on the last one and hated it .. the dust would stick to the pipe and it was always dirty .. static ..

I would not go back to PVC ..
I just want to say that I used Oneida and was disappointed by the fit.

Pre-crimped wye's had to be recrimped to fit, the 6x4 reducer won't fit a standard 4" flex duct, forcing me to crimp the crap out of it and the fit was so tight, no chance of moving the pipe afterwards.

After going through that, I second finding a local fabricator. I got some nice spiral couplers (which is soo much easier than crimping / fitting), and all my pipe from them. I wish I would have went with them with everything.
Thurman
Portland, OR
I bought my spiral pipe locally and it was / is a joy to deal with .. I highly recommend pop riveting. Its really effective, and I find it fun .. lol
I used the lighter weight S&D (read: less expensive) pipe and fittings from Menards.