WTB Spoon Carving Knives
New interest requires new tools.
Looking for a Slyod knife and a hook knife.
Good quality rather than something I will want to replace as soon as I know enough to know the difference. Del at Pinewood Forge and Jim at North Bay are two possibilities.
Let me know what you have and what you would like to get for it/them. Pictures or specific specs would be great. Thanks.
I have some vintage chisels - Witherby, Buck, Stanley, to trade for the spoon knives.
Does the lack of response indicate that spoon carving is an addiction that goes on and on? Nobody out there has knives they aren't using?
Not at all! Frost knives are very inexpensive and alot of spoon carvers use them even though more expensive ones are available. Hook knives can be made quite easily with a map gas torch to whatever radius you require. I have a Del Stubbs hook knife(right handed) that I would let go for 40.00. It's a great knife but now I make my own and don't use it much.
Bill
PM sent with a couple of questions.