WTB - Tote for Stanley No. 7 Type 9
I also need the toe screw for this tote.

Thanks much.

David-

If you strike out on the tote, Lee Valley has a pattern for one here:

https://www.leevalley.com/us/html/16j4010k.pdf

I made one for my #6 (same size as the #7). Not hard to do as evidenced by my being able to do it.

Phil
Thanks!
The tote looks like it is in pretty good shape. Why not just glue a big block of walnut on the top and whittle away?!?
===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---
Please visit my website
splintermaking.com
That is indeed a viable alternative, although I'm not sure that tote is made of walnut.

In any case, if I cannot find a replacement tote, my only option will be to repair it.

(Thanks for the reply, btw).
You can always check ebay. There is a guy (me ) who sells replacement totes and screws that fit Stanley planes
I bought one of Nicobie's knobs and it fit like a glove. Here it is on my #6 with the tote I made from the LV pattern, finished with Tru-oil. I cut the tote from a rosewood bowl blank from Woodcraft. There was enough material in the blank to cut out 4 totes.

Phil
The original tote is made from rosewood and it is hard to source these days. In addition, many of us are allergic to members of genus dalbergia. Walnut works well, glues well and is a good substitute. The mismatch gives your plane a little character. On the other hand, Nicobe makes some really nice totes. One of my user Bedrocks is outfitted with one of his products.
===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---
Please visit my website
splintermaking.com
Thanks to Nicobe, a new tote is on the way.
Tote arrive and exceeded expectations. Highly recommended.