I have a quart of bulls eye shellac clear...
On the can it says use "bulls eye sealcoat" if I want to use it under a polyurethane. What is t h e difference between the can I have and the "sealer" I know they are both wax free. Aren't they the same thing?
They are not both dewaxed. Only Sealcoat is, and one of them is a 2# cut, the other 3#. I think it's the Sealcoat that's a 2# cut...not that it matters much. If you let the clear sit a while, the wax will settle out and you can decant the shellac off the top.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Yes, Sealcoat will say "100% wax free" on the front, and something like "Guaranteed under all clear finishes" on the back.

John
Got it. Thanks. I really don't like the way finishing products are labeled. I'm definitely no expert in finishing but generally know what I want. Then I'm at the store and have to deciFer what the product actually is because of all the fancy schmancy marketing mfrs do which is at times manipulative.
That's my rant for the evening. Thanks for help.