Can this machine be picked up safely from under the tables?

I am thinking using an cherry picker would be much easier than blocking and pipe but not sure if under the table with straps will be ok or damage the machine
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

I would be inclined to say no. It seems to use a wedge system to raise the bed instead of screws. I have no idea if it can take the load. Download the manual from vintage machinery website.
Rocket Science is more fun when you actually have rockets. 

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government." -- Patrick Henry
I might have to figure a way to get the straps under it tighten them in place and use a chain in the center as a lifting point. Last resort is ramp it up but that is work and the temps will be over 100
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

See the bolts holding the top part to the sides? I've moved one by putting fudge lift forks through and lifting it by the top.

Not the best solution, but that sucker is HEAVY and is NOT designed to be moved.
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
really? what happened to the blades? I imagine I could put some 2x6 under there and use straps from there. Funny thing about this place is they used a forklift to get it there but can't seem to find one to get it out. If you saw the rest of the auction you can see a forklift was involved in much of the putting it together. I had good luck moving a PM E16 with straps but I think it is a beefier machine than this one

Phil Thien

I'd be inclined to use straps around the bottom and crisscross to the top and use an engine hoist.
My preference is to strap it to a pallet and fudge it.

If one slings it from the bottom, I'd want to protect the straps from sharp edges.

Lifting under the feed rollers would be a far third choice. Use a square of plywood to protect the blades as well as any strap.

Them lifting bars on new planers are looking pretty smart.
Rocket Science is more fun when you actually have rockets. 

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government." -- Patrick Henry
Wild Turkey said:

See the bolts holding the top part to the sides? I've moved one by putting fudge lift forks through and lifting it by the top.

I move my Newman by looping the straps through in the same fashion. Its actually pretty easy to move. With a engine hoist, you may want to keep it strapped on and set it down on the legs to move or at the very least keep it low to the ground.

My planer only has 3 knives, so I just rotate the head until one knife is up so there's nothing cutting into the straps.
I don't see how it could, especially if you put a couple 2x4's and crank the table all the way up to let some of the head bear weight.

But, I think the safest way is from the bottom.

Or it might be possible to partially dismantle the machine, like take the base off?
One way to figure this out is to remember to never lift a machine by its lady parts.

The cutter head, beds, and feed rollers are all adjusted within 2/1000". They aren't designed to be hoist points, especially on that machine. Putting hoisting force on a cutter head is like towing a car by its ball joints and steering linkage- it will pull it out of alignment.

Even though the wedge beds are heavy, they are only held in alignment by some washers that overlap the ways in the sliding wedge mechanism. If the beds become crooked to each other, the distance between the cutterhead and beds will be tapered, and the beds won't slide as they should.

A good way to move that machine is to put it on a pallet, then hoist the pallet. To get it on a pallet, make a heavy duty pallet a little bigger than the machine footprint. Pry the planer up into progressively thicker blocking until you can slide the pallet under, the hoist.