Interesting Auction in Illinois
There is an interesting woodworking auction in Illinois this weekend. I'm unlikely to go, bilit thought others may have some free time.

http://smittysauctions.com/july2salepics.html
Now that's breakin' my heart! I'm close but I can't make it.
Boy I'm glad I am far away and can't make it, otherwise both myself and my pocket book would be in deep trouble.
I dont see what the big deal is. Looks boring...

**meanwhile i'm googling driving directions from Dallas to Illinois...
My daughter and SIL are coming home this w/e. They might be upset if I go. There are sure some things there I would like. Oh well.

Strange w/e to hold an auction.
John

Always use the right tool for the job.

We need to clean house.
I'll be visiting with family as well, so I can't go. Hopefully someone from the forum can make it.
I'm trying to organize a group to go from Carbondale IL. I'm interested in the Powermatic Bandsaw. Its supposed to be a model 141, anybody have comments on that model?
Southern ILlinois
Oh, wow! Good thing it's too far for me.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
OldWoodChuck said:

I'm trying to organize a group to go from Carbondale IL. I'm interested in the Powermatic Bandsaw. Its supposed to be a model 141, anybody have comments on that model?

I have a 141 and it's fantastic. Considered by many to be the finest 14" bandsaw ever made. The entire back side of the saw is cast iron and the wheels are held on by an arbor with two bearings per wheel instead of one. Let us know how you do.
OK I'll be looking real close at the model 141 then. We (me and a retired shop teacher) will be leaving at 6:00 AM for the three hour drive. I plan to post a report on Sunday.

Chuck
Southern ILlinois