Re-Erecting A Deck
When we moved a used AG pool earlier this year I also took the deck around it. I now have deck sections that are framed with 2x6, they are fan-shaped, about 5' wide at the end that goes by the pool and about 7' wide at the other end. They are 9' long. I can get a tractor to help move them around. Whether I put the deck up this year depends mostly on how I feel about it. How I feel about it depends on how difficult I anticipate it to be. At the moment I'm thinking about framing a 2x4 template that matches the framing on the sections as closely as I can then using that to set posts. I'd attach level blocking on the posts, then use the tractor to drop a section onto the posts. I can remove the decking to make them lighter but don't really want to. Other suggestions?
Looking at things over a beer last night I figured out what Imma do. I'll set posts and beams and then just drop the deck sections onto the beams with a tractor. Once they're on the beams I can move them to where they need to be and nail them off. Aside from the leveling being much easier to do, it means half as many post holes to dig since the beams can span at least 2 deck sections.