koa wood
does anybody have any koa wood that is 24 inches in length x 7 inches in width and 6 inches thick or close to these dimensions. Price?
6 inches thick? That's gonna be $$

I wish I could find more Koa too.
Cian said:

6 inches thick? That's gonna be $$

I wish I could find more Koa too.

+1

I was thinking I have some 30" long 7" wide stuff....thats 3/4" thick. 6"....Id bet if you can find that chunk, its be north of $400-500...if you can find it. You might be better off trying to find a log from somewhere like Hearne in PA (IIRC they deal in lots of KOA) or Gilmer out west.

Once Favre hangs it up though, it years of cellar dwelling for the Pack. (Geoff 12-18-07)  

Cook Woods in Klamath Falls (southern Oregon) always has an eclectic mix of anything and everything. They have alot of stuff in their warehouse not listed on their website so a phone call or email might net you something.
You might try sending eightfingers a PM to see if he could help you out.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
Glenn

I have some very curly Koa that is 12x6 but that cost a mint awhile back and what you are asking for will cost about $350 to $450 or even more without shipping.

I had a friend awhile back in Hawaii and all I had to do is pay shipping and even that cost $60

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
The piece I have for sale is 21" wide x 69" long x 1 3/4" thick. Not quite what you're looking for.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
Nate King Cole had the answer
It was lamination
I know
And it might have ended
Right then, at the start
Just a passing glance
Just a brief romance
And I might have gone
On my way
Empty hearted
Turns out I Need it to be no more than 3 inchs thick 24 inchs in length and 3 inchs in width
You might think about laminating over a core.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.