Anyone use cordless Ryobi or Porter Cable 18 ga brad nailers?
(06-30-2016, 10:21 AM)meackerman Wrote: I bought the ryobi inflator when HD had it a few bucks off.  Handiest thing for car & bike tires and whatnot.  You wouldn't want to use it on something that's going to need lots of air, but it beats firing up the compressor & dragging the hose out just to top off a tire.
I have the Milwaukee version.  It is very handy.  Especially since finding air pumps at gas stations costing $1.50 per use.  

My Impala has air pressure monitoring.  It gives the read out of the poundages on the dashboard display.  

The pressure indicated on my air pump and the pressure indicated on the dash always match.  I'm not sure if that means they are both correct or that they are both wrong.  But they are both the same.
Smile 

I've had less expensive ones in the past.  This is the best one I've used.  But regardless of the brand, these make sense nowadays.  I carry it along with a Lithium Ion jumper battery.  I don't have to wait for road side assistance.

The Milwaukee unit has strict rules:  After 10 minutes of use it requires 10 minutes of rest.  So it is not for continuous use.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
I know this is originally an old thread but anyone in the current market might check out the hitachi cordless nailers.  They are in the middle of a corporate name change and I grabbed one of the brad nailers earlier in the month for about $160 w/ kit.   I already have the cordless framing nailer and it has been great for my limited use.
uite annoying to ship them back and forth between work and home when I have little projects that need done around the house.

I don’t feel like spending a ton of money on a duplicate set of expensive tools that are only going to see occasional use.

The Ryobi line is quite a bit cheaper than the dewalt or Milwaukee’s. I’m curious if I’ll regret going with the cheaper option, so would like some real world opinions before I buy them. I know the sting of a high price only hurts once, vs living with regret.....but again....these will be occasional use.

I’ll be starting with impact, hammer drill, recip saw, skillsaw.

Ran across this sale while following the earlier link to the Ryobi cordless nailer at Home Depot:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/RYOBI-18-Vol.../305462490

5 tool combo kit (including the air nailer) with 2 batteries for 199.

The reviews are a little mixed on if you get what the description says is in the kit, but figured it would be worth it if you really just wanted the nailer.