would you buy a Delta machine?
I used to own a lot of Delta stuff. I own none now. Don't plan on owning any in the future. Most of it was replaced by Grizzly. Say what you want about Grizzly but I have a better chance of getting parts if I need them in the future then from anybody else.
"There is no such thing as stupid questions, just stupid people"
New, the only brand I'll even glance at is Griz. It's all ChiTaiwanese, much from the same exact factories, so I'll go with the importer with the longest history of working with these people, and a proven record of great customer service. Now used, I'll look at several of the old lines.

In terms of customer service, and comments on this forum Laguna, and anything Delta, and a lot of JET (depends who you ask, and which tools) but all have been reported as having a bad history for Cust Serv.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Amazing how a simple thing like management can make or break a company. Just a few years ago this same question would be been answered with "Don't buy anything else/everything else is junk/you can get parts for machines made in the 30s."

I love my US made Delta. Today, I'm just sad at the loss of another American icon to bad management.

I wonder if anyone has gone and looked for the suppliers in China and Taiwan that the old Delta purchased from?

I know Delta used to buy from Burt group in Quaindo .. and the Asian fella who owns Steel City Tools used to supply Delta.

If its a Table saw, what about sending a quick email to Geetech in Tawian and asking if they have parts ?

As far as buying Delta machinery.. Not me.. If they aren't concerned about the good name of the company, neither am I ..
FWW reviewed drill presses, and the Delta they reviewed looked a lot better than all the other machines. But then I remembered the thing about spare parts, and decided I would get something else
there are no spare parts to be had all the USA made parts have been scrapped and the overseas stuff never existed.

Delta is now a dinosaur and the used market is going to boom. Too bad but another icon of American industry has bitten the dust.....
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

Joe's 99.5% correct......there is one ebay seller that bought out a Delta wharehouse and is still selling his inventory, "toolsrule" is his id.

I bought a nos motor cover 7-8 years ago from him for my uni. They are long gone now........

Ed
I just remembered i HAVE ACCESS to an old stash of Delta parts. Bunch of boxes. My old employer bought a small woodworking machinery dealers entire lot at auction...He bought everything including the building. Huge lot of old antique hardware...tools all kinds of good old stuff. The old man who ran the business used to run his furniture business.

Years ago my employer and i were talking and i told him there is a market for all the old Delta parts....Neither one of ever had any time to deal with listing and selling any of it. But i do still have access to it. Hmmm...do you guys think i should go see about selling it? It really is a big lot with hundreds of parts..the old man stocked a LOT.

Without a doubt there is a market for them........make this same post on owwm, see how fast your pm's fillup.

Ed
Contact Renovoparts.com and see if they have the rack part. They specialize in making replacement parts for Delta machines. Also, contact Plaza Machinery in Vermont for old Delta parts.

Roger in Texas