would you buy a Delta machine?
Most of my machines are Delta, though the newest is from the 80's (Unisaw).  Some bought new (in the 70's, while I was still in HS), some rather old (1944 1460 lathe that, so far, 4 generations of my family have turned with, and hopefully the 5th in a few years).  I have a collection of vintage "How To Get The Most Out Of . . . " booklets from the 1930's, and my Dad's hardbound Deltagram "Flying Chips" books, which were my first inspiration to get into woodworking as a lad (in concert with with my Dad, of course).  And the support - there was nothing to compete with Delta support and the people who provided it (think '007'), and the continuity of the machine line over the decades.

All gone. 

So I won't be buying any more Delta stuff.  Jury's still out on PC, since there still seems to be some continuity, at least with the 890 routers.  But I'm not betting on that lasting, either.

Times change, and as much as it bums me out, I'm done with Delta as far as new or recent.  But I'll keep on with vintage Delta.  And living in the past.
Sad
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"

Cool
One day, Chuck Norris ordered two pizzas to go.  They went.