What projects are on your to do list?
goaliedad said:

I need more weekends......

Wait for retirement! The absolute best thing about retirement is being able to work whenever I want -- assuming LOML doesn't have something else she wants us to do.

My list: 9-drawer Cherry Dresser for my wife (matches the 6-drawer chest of drawers I built for her last year).

1750 ish George III 9-drawer Dresser for my grandson. He showed me a picture - will definitely be a challenge.

Cherry Studio Easel for my sister. She's painting me a landscape of the Canadian Cascades in exchange for the easel (I'm coming out ahead in my mind).

That's it for the next 2+ months. I have 8 grandkids so there's plenty of opportunity to excel.

Joel
USN (Corpsman) 1968-1972
USAF Retired Aug 31, 1994
Santa Rosa County, Fl Retired Jun 1, 2012
Now just a hobbiest enjoying woodworking!
First:
Complete this shop remodel, or at least get it far enough along to use it. Pano shot creates strange perspective here for my new marquetry area.

Second:
Complete an unfinished marquetry panel.

Third:
Complete construction of a matched pair of Chippendale urn stands.
Get the doors for my handtool cabinet back from the glass shop, hang it & load it up.....find some free barn wood to finish loml's pavillion, need about 12 sticks.

Lots of other stuff to do, nothing ww related. Most is yard related, requiring rain, we don't get much anymore, so thats on hold.

Ed
Trying to finish up a 2" X 72" belt grinder I've been wanting.

Used some scrap metal and bought some. Bearings came in today for the rollers.

Made the rollers and shafts, cut and welded in some plates today. I'm waiting for the belts, so I can proceed with making the bracket for the upper idler roller- ran out of argon on the last welds- thought the welder was acting up.

It's great for shaping metal and wood.

Going to steal the DC variable motor and controls out of the daughters old walking machine.

Two storage containers for under my grandson's bed. These will be 9 inch tall plywood boxes with fixed casters that roll easily on the hardwood floor.

Mike
Finish the drawers for my woodshop built-ins.

Here are the big pieces on my to do list for the next few months

I'm building a 36" tall miniature of this piece. This miniature is quilted Cuban mahogany. The small carving has proved to be the most chalanging part of the piece.

The next on the docket is a William and Mary highboy. The awesome piece pictured below was built by Chuck Bender. I'm not building the same exact piece but it is similar mostly due to the veneer. Mine will have different legs and the top is different but the overall look is very similar.

The last major piece on the docket is a piece from the MFA in Boston. It is a Philadelphia highboy from the Karolic collection. The picture below is from the Museums web site

Complete a Hope Chest with handcut dovetails.
I have a pile of ongoing projects for clients as always. Often, I get to build stuff for my wife as part of that ongoing list. Because I make my living creating videos, plans and such for others, I always have a couple of fun projects in the works just to keep me happy.

For example, I just finished a bed tray modeled after the one used on Downton Abbey. The legs fold underneath and lock open using a wood spring. Currently, I am making a vanity stool to go with the dressing table I built for my wife many years ago. All the parts are cut, but now I have a bazillion reeds and flutes to hand cut around the four legs. That will take some time at my present rate!

Ralph
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.
Work on shop
CNC retrofit/rebuild a metal lathe

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.