Veritas PM-V11: Some Observations
Unfortunately I don't know the type off the top of my head and I'm on vacation so I can't check. I'll try to remember to check the type when I get home.
I just ordered a PM-V11 Veritas chisel yesterday, and can't wait until it arrives.  Looks like me expectations will not be soured, based on the feedback I am reading.  Since I do all my sharpening with waterstones, do you anticipate me having any issues sharpening?

Scott
I hone my PM-V11 on Stu's famous 3 stone set: 1K, 6K and 13K.  Works fine for me.  YMMV
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
Following up on this now that I'm back in the shop -

The #3 plane looks to be type 19.

And to be clear - the LV chip breaker will work in the plane. But to make it work, it needs to be set back from the edge of the iron approximately 1/16". Which is too far, IMO. The issue is that the chip breaker screw head hits the frog casting if you try to get it closer to the edge. And filing the casting isn't an option as the lever cap screw is right there. But looking at it today, I think I could grind down the the "leading" edge of the chip breaker screw head to let the assembly fit where it should.

And no issues sharpening. I hollow grind followed by the humble Norton 4K/8K combo, sharpens PM-V11 steel quite nicely. I'll pull out the not-so-humble Chosera 10K if I need some special sauce but that's rare.
Once, I put a Hock blade and a Stanley chipbreaker in a Vaughan & Bushnell bedrock,  and I ended up removing a bit from one side of the cap-iron broad-head screw.  It worked fine for permitting a good setup, and kept registering correctly thereafter!
Chris