So I've got these drill bits
Alas I don't have one of those drill bits since I have no fences on my property. Since it is a Stihl maybe Mags can get you one. I am pretty sure it would be good for ice fishing also.
There is no such thing as too much horsepower, free lunch or spare change ~ anonymous

87% of people say their mental health is good to excellent. The rest are sane enough to know they are lying. ~ anonymous
Hey I'll ck into that.
I wonder about sharpening those.
Raised
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

There seems to be some very knowledgeable drill sharpeners on the forum. Maybe one of them will weigh in on this. Me I'd probably burn some hardfacing rods on the cutting edge and then grind, somehow.
There is no such thing as too much horsepower, free lunch or spare change ~ anonymous

87% of people say their mental health is good to excellent. The rest are sane enough to know they are lying. ~ anonymous
(09-22-2016, 07:49 AM)Rick L Wrote: http://m.harborfreight.com/brad-point-wo...61618.html
These are actually really good.  The guys in the shop are really fussy and like them.  This way each got their own set.

I'd read the reviews before I buy those.  A lot of reviewers noted the points were not drilled on center, making the bit wobble when drilling.  YMMV.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Offcenter pilots points would definitely be a problem. That can be fixed by resharpening but you don't expect to need that on a new drill.

Was the motor turning in the correct direction?
M. Carlin

There's no point to getting old if you don't have stories.
(09-24-2016, 01:25 PM)gizmo Wrote: Was the motor turning in the correct direction?

Gizmo, I believe so. It's back in the woods far off, so I'll hafta hike back there an ck.
Gotta keep an eye out for snakes
Steve

Mo.

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(09-24-2016, 01:25 PM)gizmo Wrote: Was the motor turning in the correct direction?

Ya know if the motor was running backwards then likely making the motor run frontwards would cause things to even out and then drill OK. Dang gizmo that would be a simple solution. Thanks.

(09-24-2016, 07:04 PM)Redman Wrote: Ya know if the motor was running backwards then likely making the motor run frontwards would cause things to even out and then drill OK. Dang gizmo that would be a simple solution. Thanks.

Hey Red. I never made it back to the woods to ck the direction. I got snake bit and have been recoupin......
Steve

Mo.

WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Have you considered contracting the pine work out?

Winkgrin
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.