So I've got these drill bits
Arlin Eastman said:

You are one funny guy. Is this April 1.

No this is July 6. Are you retired or something? I am and I know how difficult it is to keep track of what day it is but you're 3 months off dude.

There is no such thing as too much horsepower, free lunch or spare change ~ anonymous

87% of people say their mental health is good to excellent. The rest are sane enough to know they are lying. ~ anonymous
As already cited, if the drill bits were used on metal, they will definitely NOT give you a clean hole I wood. Brad point bits are specifically made to get clean holes in wood. Forstner bits are also used to make clean hole in wood (with a flat bottom when not drilled all the way through the wood). Both are available at your local home improvement store. In order to prevent blowout on the back side of your hole, clamp a backer board on the other side and then drill your hole. Home Depot sells a 1/2" Diablo Forstner bit for $7.97, and a Milwaukee 1/2" brad point bit is $9.97.

Stwood_ said:

that my grandfather gave me around 40 years ago.
He told me they were for steel, and some wood sometimes.

I've used them on steel, a lot.

I grabbed a 1/2" bit the other day and was going to drill some holes for a dowel in some pine. After the smoke cleared out of the shop, I noticed that it blowed the bottom of the wood 2x out.
Are these not the correct bits? I remember reading somewhere that someone now makes a special bit for wood? Some brad point thing? What's a brad got to do with a drill bit?

Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Redman said:

[blockquote]Arlin Eastman said:

No this is July 6. Are you retired or something? I am and I know how difficult it is to keep track of what day it is but you're 3 months off dude.

[/blockquote]

3? Guess that's better than 4?

Hey Red did you ever get those buns baked?
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Thanks Ahill.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Heavy for oak, lighter for pine. A pilot nail could make it easier if your hammer is on the light side.
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories. 

Stwood_ said:

[blockquote]Redman said:

[/blockquote]

[/blockquote]

Buns? Buns? I was supposed to bake my buns?
There is no such thing as too much horsepower, free lunch or spare change ~ anonymous

87% of people say their mental health is good to excellent. The rest are sane enough to know they are lying. ~ anonymous
blackhat said:

Heavy for oak, lighter for pine. A pilot nail could make it easier if your hammer is on the light side.

Pilot nail huh? That's a great idea. Where can these pilot nails be bought, I don't think I've ever seen them anywhere.

Redman said:

[blockquote]Stwood_ said:

[blockquote]Redman said:

[/blockquote]

[/blockquote]

Buns? Buns? I was supposed to bake my buns?

[/blockquote]

Ah. Hamburger.
Steve

Missouri

WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Oh, . I think that was Memorial Day or something. Yeah I did, I think.

(07-03-2016, 03:14 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: You are one funny guy.  Is this April 1.  

Hey it's getting closer Arlin.
(07-07-2016, 10:55 AM)Redman Wrote: Oh,   . I think that was Memorial Day or something. Yeah I did, I think.

Hey Red!!! Weren't you going to send me a drill bit?
Raised
Steve

Missouri

WaterlooMark 02/9/2020