So I've got these drill bits
So sharpen your own wood-cutting bits.  Use a 1/16" toolroom abrasive cut off wheel like a Norton A60-OBNA2.  Define a brad point, two sharp outer cutting spurs, and sharp cutting edges.  The photo below shows a ragged hole wall due to one of the cutting spurs not having a burr honed off.  Minimum blow-out on the back side, but often there's a little donut disk on the tip of the bit that has to be removed.  A shot of air usually works.

Clamp a magnifying glass to your bench grinder after installing a Norton A60-OBNA2 toolroom abrasive cut-off wheel.

A light also helps

Another rig modified for brad point grinding, plus more below

Bob, your pics are not showing up for me.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

http://m.harborfreight.com/brad-point-wo...61618.html
These are actually really good. The guys in the shop are really fussy and like them. This way each got their own set.
Not a bad price. Thanks
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(09-02-2016, 04:36 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Hey it's getting closer Arlin.

Hey Red!!! Weren't you going to send me a drill bit?
Raised

Oh shoot, I got side tracked Stwood and forgot all about this. Working on it. Sorry.

Hey, how come I can't see any pictures? Is there a setting that's messed up? I've been to user CP and don't see anything.

Oh boy this is messed up. You reply to your own reply and the reply shows up in your original reply. That's weird.

I can only see Barnowl's pic. All others including those I posted are X in black box. I see pictures in other threads.

[Image: tapping-fingers-1.gif]

Why can I see this and not others except Barnowl's?
There is no such thing as too much horsepower, free lunch or spare change ~ anonymous

87% of people say their mental health is good to excellent. The rest are sane enough to know they are lying. ~ anonymous
I think someone screwed the pooch.
Raised
Steve

Missouri

WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

There is such a wide variety of bits I'm not sure which to send you. Here are some pictures. Please so me what you need. Keep in mind that any of these may blow out the back side if used improperly.

Auger bits
[Image: bittypes.jpg]
adjustable auger bit
[Image: IrwinAdjBitsDetails.JPG]
These auger bits are not meant for drilling thru holes. They will not blow out.
[Image: 0be8e1d3e0344de1ba03a51fcfcf683d.jpg]

[Image: s-l1000.jpg]

[Image: augerbitdingobobcat.jpeg]
There are numerous types of bits.
[Image: bits.jpg]
[Image: gundrills.gif]
[Image: 50.jpg]

[Image: Precision-Machining-Pages-Alex-v2-2J-acc...anning.jpg]

Keep in mind that these last three may require special fixturing and/or high pressure cooling medium.
There is no such thing as too much horsepower, free lunch or spare change ~ anonymous

87% of people say their mental health is good to excellent. The rest are sane enough to know they are lying. ~ anonymous
3rd one down looks nifty. How heavy is that one?
Steve

Missouri

WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Those range from 4.5" diameter to 19.5" diameter and weigh from 19 Lbs. to 52 Lbs. You should be able to get that from a Stihl dealer, if no dealer is close perhaps arrangements can be made here.
Winkgrin

Have you got one? I've got these fence posts I need to put in.

Hey can you go ice fishing with those?
Steve

Missouri

WaterlooMark 02/9/2020