So I've got these drill bits
(03-10-2020, 09:13 PM)Timberwolf Wrote: ..............................
That brad point is just what you need for drilling metal.

No  
No ..Brad point drill bits are designed for wood and other "soft" materials..To prevent skating, use  a center drill, stub drill or center punch. but best to drill a small "pilot" hole...You may be thinking of a "bullet drill" bit for steel and other metals.

Hey Pops. I haven't kept up with your tool inventory lately.
What bits do you have for drilling wood?
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

I use a Drill DR bit sharpening tool. It makes the process person proof for idiots like me that don't do it very often and really don't want to spend the time learning to sharpen free hand. I know tool & die makers that can sharpen a bit with the flick of a wrist but not me.
9.5 fingers and 1 crippled
Anything under 1/8" gets difficult by hand, anything larger is a piece of cake up to maybe 2 1/2 or 3 inches. Those get heavy.
There is no such thing as too much horsepower, free lunch or spare change ~ anonymous

87% of people say their mental health is good to excellent. The rest are sane enough to know they are lying. ~ anonymous
Yes. I've found the 1/8" the stopping point. Under that, buy a new one.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

That's what we did, just trash'em. Anything smaller than a #31 (.120) got trashed.
There is no such thing as too much horsepower, free lunch or spare change ~ anonymous

87% of people say their mental health is good to excellent. The rest are sane enough to know they are lying. ~ anonymous
I sure wished this software here would work correctly.
Steve

Missouri

WaterlooMark 02/9/2020