Shop built table saw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svDEWlyD...e=youtu.be
He had a few smart thoughts hanging the saw inside the box, looks like he ran out of smarts when it came to RK, or splitter, or a guard. Hopefully he doesn't find out the hard way. Saw works looked European, and he sounded German. or one of the Scandinavian countries. They all have saws with RK's or some type of safety gear, was surprising.

He isn't the first guy who put a saw works into a box, probably won't be the last.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Nice looking home build. Was that a Festool track saw that he was using to cut the steel top he was attaching? I didn't know they could do that.
SteveN: yes, the lack of a guard, etc., 'sorta' surprised me too.
I admire people who take on these challenging projects but I wouldn't ever consider doing this, nor would I recommend it to anyone I liked. For $250 you can buy a quality used contractors saw all day long on CL. If I built this, I would probably end up buying the materials, spending the time and then finding out it didn't work worth a hoot.....in all reality. That's just me.

An amazing build but not woth the effort in my oppinion.

Theese days it is possible to get an old heavy duty cast iron saw and rebuild it to top condition for only a little more than he paid for the materials he needed. However good that saw might be it is still a world apart from a Jonsered or a Wadkin.
Part timer living on the western coast of Finland. Not a native speaker of English
I have a Gil-Bilt kit table saw from the '50's. A kit with all the metal parts and plans to cut the plywood parts.

My boss is a Jewish carpenter. Our DADDY owns the business.
Trying to understand some people is like trying to pick up the clean end of a turd.