Hitachi router switch issue
I have a Hitachi M12V router. It has been working OK, until yesterday when the "on switch" (Lever in the manual) seems stuck in the off position. I see no reason why it should be stuck. The shaft turns by hand (while unplugged). I see no interlocks.

Am I missing something obvious or just a bad switch?

Any thoughts appreciated.
probably a bad switch
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

Thank you.
Mine is vintage, but the on/off is operated by a slide. Seems it would be vulnerable to catching chips and dust, then refusing to slide. Your "lever" -part 34- in the diagram refers to the slide which moves the switch - part 27. If it has filled with a bit of dust, compressed air my relieve it. If goo, with power off, wash with MS and see if you can get it moving. Let dry THOROUGHLY before reapplying power. Disassemble if necessary, but it's a last resort. You'll need to keep things neat when you take the lid off.
Better to follow the leader than the pack. Less to step in.
Could you grab a muti-meter and check if the switch works?

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

I've had mine in a homemade router table so it is quite possible that it has had dust get in, upside down. I'll clean with air and let you know if it moves.

Re the multimeter. I have one but am hoping to avoid taking the router apart. Right now it just doesn't budge.

Thanks for the suggestions.
Sadly to clean it you have to take it apart at least the switch cover.
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy