WTB 10-1/4 plane
Looking to buy a Stanley 10-1/4 plane or similar plane in good condition. I understand that they are a little rare. I've seen #10's and 10-1/2's for sale, but I don't recall ever coming across a 10-1/4. Figured I'd put the word out here before looking at buying a new equivalent here: https://www.lie-nielsen.com/product/no.-...bbet-plane
I'll ask...what does the 10 1/4 give you that the 10 or 10 1/2 doesn't?
Bob Page
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In da U.P. of Michigan
www.loonlaketoolworks.com
Patrick says, "This plane is identical to the #10, except that it has a tilting tote and knob.". Seems like someone had one of these for sale in S'n'S not too long ago.
Not many of those around in good usable condition, highly collectible, and for a user, you are likely better off with the LN if you need these features. Vintage in good condition would cost you at least as much or more, and those that cost less more often have structural cracks and/or repairs to the cheeks, and the knickers are often buggered up or even missing. Replacement irons can also be a bear to find and god help you if the knob or tote doesn't work properly. I've looked at maybe a dozen over the years, and bought none. This is an instance that if you intend to use it, save yourself the heartache and give Tom L-N the order......
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
What is S'n'S?
gtrboy77 said:

What is S'n'S?

The section of the woodnet forum you are currently in looking for your plane.
Fill your heart with compassion, seek the jewel in every soul, share a word of kindness, and remember; the people's what it's about.
Capt. Tony Tarracino

Gotcha. I thought maybe it was some other woodworkin forum that I hadn't heard of.
Just sold a 10 1/4 a week ago, gtrboy. I have another, but since it is my last one, it would be tough to talk me out of.

I know of another person with one, I'll inquire on your behalf. If you have a price range, feel free to PM me with it.
" The founding fathers weren't trying to protect citizens' rights to have an interesting hobby." I Learn Each Day 1/18/13

www.RUSTHUNTER.com