Colored Pencil Bottle Stopper
So, our very own kludge posted this tutorial about how to make a colored pencil ring. I adapted that to make a bottle stopper:

Used CA glue. I'd use hexagon, rather than round pens, if I do it again. I didn't catch that in the tutorial. Turned out okay. I can definitely improve. I had to put a little CA in the hole to harden the wood so that I could keep it on the mandrel.
You did it! Was a bit worried when I didn't see an update. I know how easy those pencils can bust up!

Tell me about the sanding. I think that was one of the tricky bits but you don't seem to have much "cross contamination" of the colors!
Peter Brown

I can fix that...

shop-time.net
Kludge
I loved your ring video, beautiful job. Frank, you did an amazing job on that wine stopper, especially since you used round pencils. Beautiful work guys.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
I like it. Well done
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Thanks all.

Yeah, the first one I did blew apart. I wasn't careful enough with the CA, and that combined with the round pencils did it in. I did get some cross contamination, but with enough sanding most of it disappeared. I watched another video that recommended not using black pencils and suggested the hexagon pencils. So, I'll be trying them next.
The hex pencils are what I used. Even still, blowouts happen.

Hand sanding was the worst for smearing, and sanding on the belt sander left the cleanest look.
Peter Brown

I can fix that...

shop-time.net
Peter

Where can you buy colored and regular pencils in bulk?
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
I snagged some at a truck stop! Coming back from vacation, stopped to use the facility and saw the hexagon pencils for cheap. One pack makes like 4 bottlestoppers, so they kinda go a long way.
I was buying mine at Staples for $3 a pack...
Peter Brown

I can fix that...

shop-time.net