PSA Grizzly Bandsaw Bearings
WaterlooMarc's thread on his bandsaw made me check out my Grizzly BS. Of the eight roller bearings, four were frozen or nearly so. A 10pack of sealed bearings from ebay was under $20.

I also replaced the blade, though I don't know why. I bought a new one not five years ago.
They told me anybody could do it, but I showed them.
Ebay link, please?? Might make sense to pick one set up as spares.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Which saw do you have? Same as Marc or the 17" saw as someone mentioned having one in that thread as well.

Thanks,
Paul
Paul
They were right, I SHOULDN'T have tried it at home!
Very common maintaince with band saws that use bearing guides. If you have bearing guides, you should have a tube of spares on hand. Most saws use the same common size. Inexpensive is fine. Figure $1 each or so. Just make sure they are double-sealed. Open or shielded bearings will pack with micro-dust and lock up. Sealed bearings will run a lot longer before they need tossed out.
Do an ebay search for "6202-2RS C3 Premium Sealed Ball Bearing, 15x35x11mm (Qty. 10)".

I did not know the difference between shielded and sealed ball bearings, but I can see where the shielded type would fill with dust.

My saw is either the 0513X2 or 0514X2. You would think I would remember. I just took the part number from the bearing.
I've been led to believe that changing out guide bearings after five years of light use is normal but in the back of my mind I think Grizz original bearings are cheap. Replacing them with the least expensive ones you can find might not be the best idea.
RD
------------------------------------------------------------------
"Boy could I have used those pocket screws!" ---Duncan Phyfe
Thanks
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
David

I also had to replace the bearings on my grizzly bandsaw and they are not made to last along time if they are not oiled once in a while.

Also I just replaced them with Lignum Vitae of the same size but the two together I made into one.

This is the one I have http://www.grizzly.com/products/17-5-HP-..._campaign=zPage

If anyone wishes for me to make them the same bearings just buy me some Lignum Vitae 2x2x12 and I will make as many as I can for you.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
I solved that problem permanently! White oak, free and works perfectly. Never going back to bearings.

I have found how much a boat is used is inversely related to how much it weighs.

Kudzu Craft Lightweight kayaks

David G said:

Do an ebay search for "6202-2RS C3 Premium Sealed Ball Bearing, 15x35x11mm (Qty. 10)".

I did not know the difference between shielded and sealed ball bearings, but I can see where the shielded type would fill with dust.

My saw is either the 0513X2 or 0514X2. You would think I would remember. I just took the part number from the bearing.

I'd definitely buy the 10 pack. I can buy these things locally but they are easily three times the price. My Grizzy GO555 band saw has been used lightly and yet I've replaced the bearings at least twice over the past 10 years. It's just a maintenance thing - or cheaply made bearings.