Jet 6" jointer (JJ-6CSDX) blade guard problem
I admit, I haven't worked on a project in a while. Trying to get back to it and needed to face joint some boards. It's weird, but it seems that the blade guard on my jointer sits a full 3/4" above the infeed table. Actually, it must be fractionally higher, because the guard keeps trying to close as I feed my board through.

There is a little of the hub that the post comes through that allows the guard to sit approx 5/32" above the table (see pic). Thinking about grinding that down a little with my Dremel, but wanted to see if anyone else is running into this issue.
[/URL]
I had the same problem with my 6 inch Grizzly jointer.

For reference, the picture shows a piece of 3/4 MDF slipping under the guard.

The problem was that the spring-closing mechanism was out of plumb. This caused the post that the guard revolves on to tilt toward the outfeed table by about 5 degrees.

I added shims where indicated in the photo and that fixed it. Maybe yours has the same problem.

Before I figured out the problem, my first solution was to add a piece of solid surface material to the guard. It remains on my jointer to this day because to remove it would show all the holes i drilled in the edge of the guard

Mike