Returning Grizz 8 in jointer, G0656XW
That bracket could very well be backwards. But if it is none of the techs caught the mistake.

Ken you are correct. Those photos were from my old shop and that was my old jointer...a 16 inch Bridgewood. You know soon after I bought that Jointer Wilke Machinery went out of business. Anyway it was some shop. I cry myself to sleep every night thinking what I used to have.
frigator said:

That bracket could very well be backwards. But if it is none of the techs caught the mistake.

Ken you are correct. Those photos were from my old shop and that was my old jointer...a 16 inch Bridgewood. You know soon after I bought that Jointer Wilke Machinery went out of business. Anyway it was some shop. I cry myself to sleep every night thinking what I used to have.

I must have bought my 20" Yorkcraft planner about the same time you bought your jointer. Although the Yorkcraft brand was marketed as an economical brother to the Bridgeport brand, I have run a lot of wood through mine and it has never failed me. I was also sorry to see Wilke go under. I can sympathize with you about missing your shop. It was very nice. Ken
frigator said:

For the record, Wilke did not go out of business. They just quit importing their own line of machines. They are still located in York, PA and sell other lines of tools, such as Sawstop, PM, Festool, etc. I'd be willing to bet that they still provide parts and service for Bridgewood and Yorkcraft machines.
Bob
Well you are absolutely right there Bob, Wilke is still open. I knew they were still selling parts when I sold my jointer cause the guy called them before buying. Back then I dont think Grizz was offering any spiral cutterhead machines but Wilke would sell you one with a Byrd head in it. I had two of their planers with Byrd heads already installed.

As a side note, we were talking about shipping in this thread. That two motor Bridgewood planer I pictured was sold to a tool dealer in the NW, cant remember where, and was shipped just bolted to a pallet. So outside protection at all, no slat crate, no box or anything. He said it would be fine and it was.
I just rented an engine hoist to unload a couple heavy machines off of Pallets.  ( 1000+ lb machines ) ..     If I was willing to store one, I would buy one.  Made the whole thing amazingly easy ..
Achieving life is not the equivalent of avoiding death.
Ayn Rand