Returning Grizz 8 in jointer, G0656XW
OP - sorry about the age mix-up. Will need to get that corrected in the order notes. I thought it odd that an 80 year old would be on a forum, but then you could have been an engineer at the IBM lab when they had those fridge computers . Thank you for your kind comments.
Always great to see you on here, PapGrizzly!

Still very much a fan and proud owner of a G1021X2.

Richard D. said:

Then again irony is nothing new here, the "patriots" on our forum abhor entrepreneurs it seems, just ask Gass.

Pretty sure it's just Gass. Lee Valley gets nothing but love here.
cad said:

[blockquote]Richard D. said:

Then again irony is nothing new here, the "patriots" on our forum abhor entrepreneurs it seems, just ask Gass.

[/blockquote]

Just wait till they put the wrong motor in something and see what happens!
RD
------------------------------------------------------------------
"Boy could I have used those pocket screws!" ---Duncan Phyfe
Tony Z said:

I took offense at the 80 year old statement (I'm 63), as if the buyer's age is an excuse for a supplier's screw-up. If I were Papa Grizz, I would be questioning why I had to enter the fray to straighten out what his customer service people couldn't.

Don't worry at your age you will forget about this in a day or 2. OTOH people here will think having the CEO handling CS issues is great instead of realizing if it hadn't been posted here it may have never happened
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

Papagrizzly said:

OP - sorry about the age mix-up. Will need to get that corrected in the order notes. I thought it odd that an 80 year old would be on a forum, but then you could have been an engineer at the IBM lab when they had those fridge computers . Thank you for your kind comments.

Really, sir, why did you make any comment about the gentleman's age? It seemed completely irrelevant to me. Is his problem now more valid because he's only 60?

John
I also think the age assumption was a mistake by CS, Papa was just reading the log notes.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Richard D. said:

[blockquote]cad said:

[blockquote]Richard D. said:

[/blockquote]

Just wait till they put the wrong motor in something and see what happens!

[/blockquote]
Actually, the equivalent of that happened a while back when LV had some problems in the shipping department. Rob Lee stepped up and made sure that the fundamentals of the problem were understood and that the company improved as a result of addressing the problem. Rob weathered the storm and our respect for him increased.

I had repeatedly heard that Papa Grizz used to do the same sort of thing here, but this is the first time that I have seen it since I joined. The respect that he earned for himself and his company here is part of the reason that there is an 8" Grizzley jointer sitting in my shop.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
Oh I thought the age mixup was funny. I can imagine the customer service guys shaking their head thinking, this person can't even get this Jointer to work.. He must be senile or something

The Jointer was picked up yesterday and is headed back to Missouri. I ended up talking with a very nice engineer named Shaun. You may have seen him in one of the videos. After he looked at everything he thinks a new longer belt may have solved the issue. That would allow us to drop the motor down which was jammed up against the dust shoot and then allowed us to pull it away from the wall just a hair. Unfortunately no one in customer service seemed to suggest that. We were all fixated on the motor and the pulley.

In any event, Sean help me pick out a new Jointer. And because of all the hassle they agreed to waive the shipping fee on the next one. So I took advantage of that and got what I really wanted which is the 12 inch joiner, the 609. It's a little big for my shop but I really wanted the extra width..

So I'm very happy with the outcome. I think it's incredible that a little customer like me with a smaller machine was able to get attention from the CEO of the company and get to talk to one of their engineers. Thank you Papa Grizz for helping me out. I look forward to getting my new jointer and continuing to enjoy the grizzly machines I already have.
Wow, 12" jointer! Do I envy you. Ken