Recycling: bandsaw blades, forstner bits
I have several used blades and bits. I use to make fun of my dad saying he never saw anything that needed to be thrown away; I have become him.

Surely the brain trust here will have some useful ideas on repurposing blades and bits.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
Bandsaw blades and forstners can be resharpened at home at least a couple times each.
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories. 

Jack posted a tutorial on sharpening band saw blades, using a dremel tool. I suck at sharpening bits so send them out for sharpening, well worth the couple of bucks.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
From advice here I resharpened my BS blade with a Dremel - came out sharper then new. This was for a 4 TPI blade. Not sure how long it would take to sharpen a finer blade. I thought it was well worth the time it took - 1/2 hour I would say.

Don't remember the last Forstner bit I bought. I touch up mine with a diamond hone from time to time.
John

Always use the right tool for the job.

We need to clean house.
What bit and what kind of angles are you using, John?
For the BS just a small grinding stone - no angle - just right angle to the blade; just a couple seconds each. I have heard people using a felt tip to mark all the blades before you sharpened; this way you can see that you sharpened all the way to the tip. For the forstner bit just do the flat part of the bit; no angle.
John

Always use the right tool for the job.

We need to clean house.
I send out BS blades to be sharpened if they are not damaged otherwise. I have no idea what to do if they get kinked other than throw them away.

forstner bits can be sharpened using a diamond card or file
Cellulose runs through my veins!
What about broken bandsaw blades? I have a 3/4" 3TPI one from my Griz 5013 that broke and also kinked a little. I don't plan on getting into welding and I don't think I paid enough to warrant fixing it. Recycling bin or cut into a bunch of little scratch stocks (I already have a bunch) or something else?
You guys are no fun!!!!!!!!! I'm looking for creativity and what do I get...PRACTICALITY.

Okay. I have a Dremal and a diamond hone; I will try my hand at sharpening.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
Bill
You will find it is well worth the effort and can be done more than once.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member