Allen Batty...
Stuart posted the following today
-----------
My dad Allan Batty died today peacefully in his sleep. He is incredibly well loved and respected in the woodturning community.

It's hard for me to put it into words my gratitude for the knowledge my dad taught me when I was just a boy.

We have all missed his entertaining woodturning demonstration over the recent years. The last time we both demonstrated together was in Oregon all most 5 years ago. My dad has not demonstrated since due to illness.
Making sawdust mostly, sometimes I get something else, but that's more accident then design.
Sad. I have and use one of his bedans. Very talented man.
God bless their family.
RIP Mr. Batty
" The founding fathers weren't trying to protect citizens' rights to have an interesting hobby." I Learn Each Day 1/18/13

www.RUSTHUNTER.com
Sad to lose such an admired man and master of his craft. Condolences and peace to his family.
I just watched his video on the skew chisel last week, and am very grateful for the opportunity to continue to learn from his recorded demonstrations.
Condolences to the Batty family.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
He had a good run and made a difference in peoples lives what more can a guy ask for including me.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.