Cutting Steel siding on a Morton building
What is the correct tool for cutting the steel on a Steel sided Pole Barn. I need to install some windows and want to be able to cleanly cut the steel in a straight line without burrs.

I've seen power sheers and a nibbler. The steel is already hung so those appear to be the best approach.

The Steel does have ridges so that may be a concern.

Any guidance is appreciated.
I'd use a nibbler, or a jigsaw with a metal blade (better control then a sawzall) or a grinder with a narrow cutting disk. (Messy)
WoodNET... the new safespace
Splinter Puller said:

I'd use a nibbler, or a jigsaw with a metal blade (better control then a sawzall) or a grinder with a narrow cutting disk. (Messy)

+1

The metal isn't that thick or tough.
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
Will a nibbler be able to handle the ribs since I will have to cut both between the ribs, and across the ribs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFL9sSE_0ng

shear looks like a slick way to do it.

Note both vids show cutting multiple pieces at once, As others above have said... its really thin metal. hand tin snips or shears would do it after making a starter hole with a grinder.

A metal blade in a circular saw looks great too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgOSx8DExpY
WoodNET... the new safespace
When I helped my FIL build his pole building many years ago, we used a cheap (my) circ saw and a ton of those metal cutting blades. Doesn't exactly leave a burr free edge though and the grit/chips it generated pretty much put the kibosh on that cheap Craftsman saw. Wear goggles...and gloves...and ear plugs.
If you are going down a river at 2 mph and your canoe loses a wheel, how much pancake mix would you need to shingle your roof?

Just yesterday, I tried the IRWIN Tools Metal-Cutting Circular Saw Blade, 7 1/4-inch, 68T for the first time. I was cutting metal roofing panels and it worked great. I even tried cutting two panels at a time and it worked great. EYE PROTECTION is a must. I used a homemade straightedge guide for the saw and board with spacers underneath for support.

Either electric, or air driven 4" right angle cutter with a metal blade.

Circular saw with a metal cutting blade

Any and all can work, some are better for tight corners.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Using grinders and saw with cut off wheels will void warranty if your worried about it.
Firebee said:

EYE PROTECTION is a must.

Hearing protection is just as important when using a metal cutting circular saw.