do ceiling fans have a shear pin?
just smacked the ceiling fan with a piece of drywall I was moving, and the fan isn't working right. Acting like I broke a shear pin. Of course, it could be that I just broke something more expensive
Not that I know of.
Rocket Science is more fun when you actually have rockets. 

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government." -- Patrick Henry
Never saw one so far.
Did you check to see if the rotation switch has been knocked out of position? That did happen as a result of a pillow fight. Pushed it back to its end position and the fan worked fine. There was no shear pin.
The high end fans have a pin with a clip that holds them from spinning on their motors when you turn them on.
this is a hunter. I tried to buy the best one I could, but the selection is limited at the BORGs. It does spin, but there is some scraping on startup and you have to push it to get it started.
The blades are attached directly to the motor.
Sounds like you bent the shroud and it is rubbing against the rotating motor part.
(07-11-2016, 10:49 PM)FIB 1 Wrote: Did you check to see if the rotation switch has been knocked out of position?  That did happen as a result of a pillow fight.  Pushed it back to its end position and the fan worked fine.  There was no shear pin.

I never responded back to this post.  The switch was in an intermediate position between forward and backward.  I must have hit it hard enough that it got dislodged.
No, the ceiling fans don't have a share pin