This is why you put oil on your Ipe' deck
jteneyck said:

Thanks for that info. What do you use to clean it with between oiling intervals?

John

same stuff you used, the cabotts.
It's really only to get the dirt and around here,pollen, which turns everything green!
no permiti el bicho morderte
OK, very good.

John
In the long run, I don't think you will find two coats helps that much more. I did our front deck with two coats. Letting each one soak in for about 15-20 minutes before wiping off the unabsorbed finish.  Six months later (under full sun) it had turned grey.
Telling a man he has too many tools,
is like telling a woman she has too many shoes.
I thought people liked the weathered look... Like they always say on the home shows...  Course in the real world people want it to look like new regardless of what it is. 

I learned back when I built Adirondack chairs that not a single one of your customers will aaccept their chairs with a weathered appearance so you better try and make it look like new for as long as possible. Course I gave up on building them because they expect new look forever.
John, when you initially made the deck, how much space did you put between the boards? How about now a year later? I plan on making a Big Green Egg table using some ipe I bought at the Restore. It used to be a deck somewhere.

Thanks
Paul