Quality Dehumidifier?
I have now been through two of the $200-$300 "average" Frigidaire and Kenmore dehumidifiers. They just keep dying at about the two year mark. They are used lightly to moderately in my unfinished basement shop. I'm tired of paying $250 or so for this junk. DOes anyone have a recommendation (Maybe around $1,000 max) for a higher quality unit? I may be able to go a little higher if it is a truly quality unit.
Thermastor Santa Fe, various different models and sizes.

Ive had my Santa Fe Classic for 11 years and its one of the best things I ever bought for my house. A whole lot more efficient than the Walmart/BestBuy/etc models and a lot more reliable (and QUIETER!) to boot.
Thanks...I had not bumped into that brand with my Googling. Looks very promising.
Never heard of the Sante Fe, and it does look like a quality unit. I'll probably stay with the disposable ones....the one have at the moment is in it's 3rd year, so it may kick the bucket soon.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
I have this Honeywell unit that runs all year round and does all of an 1800 square foot house with no problem. I have it ducted, but it can be used ductless for basement applications.

Honeywell Dehumidifier @ Zoro
Thanks again chrisexv6 turns out one of the resellers had an open box special with full warrantees and a satisfaction guarantee......Santa Fe Compact 2 is inbound!

Had it not been for the open box special I may have looked into that Honeywell unit more.
I've had the Santa Fe Compact 2 in my basement for 3 years now and it runs great. My BORG units lasted a year each.
Sante Fe,  or Aprilaire are all top notch

Be sure to check the amperage as these use a good bit of electricity. Also, some companies play games with the specs (like 70 pints per day...but don't tell what the humidity is to get 70 pints). Avoid the Horizon at all costs. Mine failed after 3 seasons and the factory just flat out ignored me (won't return phone calls, emails, no warranty service!).
You can use a portable air conditioner by not exhausting the air. This option allows you to also use it as an air conditioner to cool the space for other reasons by just exhausting the condenser outside. It will most likely have a larger capacity as well.
Coupled with a good filter system if possible, it can help clean the air.
Santa Fe Compact 2 arrived today. Plugged in for a test run at 10:20am, and went upstairs. Checked on it at 11am, no joke, probably 12oz already collected in my temporary drain bucket and the hose. WOW.....I was used to the big box store junk. Feeling good about this purchase! Thanks everyone. Nothing like the satisfaction of a good tool ha ha.