D'oh! Time for a break. Or maybe a beer
I think all the sandpaper threads round here lately have messed me up. I very rarely start below 120 anymore. But I'm building a barn door "style" door for my shop. It's an odd size door, 55x95", to fit the space but it was easier than framing for a standard door. Plus I didn't want to lose the access.

Anyway given the large dimensions and my lack of any clamps longer than 48" my glue up was less than perfect so I decide to start with 80 grit this time to level ridges off.

Sand...sand...sand. Boy this sure isn't going very fast. Can sandpaper go bad???

Yep you guessed it. Took the paper out of the box, laid it on the shelf and forgot to put it on the sander!! Turns out Velcro isn't as abrasive as you'd think.
-Marc

Laughing with you.

Also, abranet works better if you put the right side towards the velcro pad.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
Ha, good one.

I was building a stand for one of my small band saws last week and decided to swap out the motors. I started it up and it was working fine until I tried to make a cut. All I got was smoke at the blade. Sure enough, I had forgotten to check the rotation on the motor. Luckily it was an easy fix in the wiring to get it going the direction I wanted. It was even written how to change the rotation on the motor plate in big letters (well, big for a motor plate anyway).
Maybe several beers....
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
None of us have ever done that!!!

I've done that myself!

Frank
K. L, McReynolds said:

None of us have ever done that!!!

Nooooo

We have never done that, NEVER!

Good thing they make replacement Velcro pads.
What you guys never did that for a tarnished look?

Neither have I.
WoodTinker
Tried counter boring about a dozen carriage bolt holes so the heads would be below the surface. Could not figure why I had to use so much down pressure on the drill - it's only particle board. About hole 6 it dawned on me - the last time I used the drill it was set in reverse to remove screws. Never thought to change it back. Never thought to check it the next time either.

hey thats why we're humans
south vietnam war collage