Delta 36-714 - please tell me what you think
My old saw needs to retire, and I came across and ad for a Delta 36-714. I read good things about this, but am unsure about the price. Especially because he claims, it's almost 'new'. I can't find any indication that those were even sold new in this decade.
Any opinions would be appreciated.

The ad is here
To do is to be (Camus)
To be is to do (Sartre)
Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo (Sinatra)
Made in China. Not a Bies fence. Motor about the same power as a hybrid saw. I'd pass. But that's me.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
$500 isn't bad for what you get IMO....full enclosure, solid cast wings, mobile base, blade guard, 1.75hp motor w/serpentine belt, and a Unifence in a hybrid design. It's right tilt, has table mounted trunnions, and doesn't have a modern riving knife, but could still be a good saw once aligned and fitted with a decent blade. They came in around 2005 about the same time the Steel City/Craftsman zip code saws were popular. I'd be inclined to offer $425-$450 if it looks good in person.
Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....

As Ahill stated, Chinese made hybrid. With the current state of delta parts, if anything broke, you would be searching long and hard. Not like a unisaw with so many kicking around that you can always get what you need. I'd pass as well.
And what is the current state of Delta parts availability? Speculation? Or do we know for sure? Even a China company wants to make profits and if they have parts, they will want to sell them.
opticsguy said:

And what is the current state of Delta parts availability? Speculation? Or do we know for sure? Even a China company wants to make profits and if they have parts, they will want to sell them.

Well to my knowledge no one has been able to procure replacement parts from Delta for most anything for the past 5-7 yrs other than generic off the shelf elsewhere pieces..I am sure someone got something from Delta at some point but today well not that I have seen

The entire Delta farce since about 2005 is now in the hands of the secondary market and that is not a cheap place or the used market which I expect will become very lucrative for those willing to part out machines.
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

Thank you all!

I think I'll keep saving money for something better.

I appreciate the advice!
To do is to be (Camus)
To be is to do (Sartre)
Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo (Sinatra)
opticsguy said:

No speculation. Unfortunately when B&D bought them out they pretty much did away with all the Delta specific support the brand used to be known for.
Its been a while, but there was a guy that was active on sawmill creek, John Weber who bought out most of delta's parts inventory a few years back (several tractor trailer loads) and was selling those parts directly through his own website: http://www.weberwoodworking.com and also via the bay with a similar username. He was selling the parts back to B&D/Delta so they could sell them to you at a higher cost. From what I understand conversing with him (many moons ago, but I still remember it) , it was too much trouble for them to maintain the inventory and track it all so they let John do it for them.

I checked his site just now and he doesn't have much if any parts listed anymore. This was all quite a few years ago, and he may have sold off the parts or just isn't selling them any more.

Since BD/Dewalt, the company has changed hands a couple more times I believe, so the parts situation has probably gone even farther south. HTH

Found this with a little google searching:
http://www.woodworkersjournal.com/vintag...pare-part/