Rockwell 14" Bandsaw
Just picked this up from CL. 275.00 for the saw with an assortment of Bosch blades. Runs smooth and in great shape. Don't feel I stole anything but do feel like I got a pretty good deal.

Yep, pretty good deal
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
Looks like a well cared for machine. I'd say you did pretty good. Machines like that go for slightly more here.
Yep, I'd say you did aw-rite...enjoy!
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
I also agree,very good deal for a very good saw at a good price.Love the cabinet---Carroll
Yes, excellent machine, exact same saw as mine. Mine was purchased about 1979.
I'd say a 2 eleven in progress.
Pat Warner
Dave, Just checked my old serial no. files... your saw was made in June of 1981.

Thot you might wanna know...
One day, Chuck Norris ordered two pizzas to go.  They went.
Thank you for the info, I was wondering about that.
That's a nice saw.
28-281 is the likely catalog number, a 28-200 band saw on a 52-963 stand/motor package.

Since I don't have a 1981 price list, I can't comment on the 28-281 listing, but my 1984 price list shows the following
28-200 band saw only $613.00
52-963 Stand and motor combo $213.0

To adjust those prices for todays inflation, multiply those prices by two. That would be about right for USA-made quality.