The Pulls on this piece
My much better half has asked me for some end tables. She is into crocheting and she wants end tables that can store her crocheting stuff. This is the design she likes with the exception of one drawer and the rest cabinet storage, so I have been commissioned by SWMBO to build two of them. My question is does anyone know where I can see a vid on how to turn the pulls on this piece? If anyone has any plans for a piece like this and would be willing to share or sell them I would be interested in that. Usually I fly by the seat of my pants and design on the fly but I want to get this one perfect for her.

Thanks in advance!
John

Formerly known as John's Woodshop
Those pulls are not turned they are milled.

router and BS or TS

Joe
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

Or buy them.

John
Thanks Guys!!!
jteneyck said:

Or buy them.

John

+1 Google pyramid knobs
jteneyck said:

Or buy them.

John

+1 At a buck and half each I dont think I would try shop fabricated ones web page
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

There are lots of mission plans online and I found a link or two to similar pieces on Google.

The knobs are most likely metal...
RD
------------------------------------------------------------------
"Boy could I have used those pocket screws!" ---Duncan Phyfe
Thanks again Guys!

John
John

One of our own Hani did some things like that that Rockler now sells but it does take just a tad of turning skills.

Here is his link

http://www.rockler.com/search/go?w=Pull%...p;sli_sid=
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
I made pulls like this once.  I was scared to try and route or mill the profiles so I made a "Safe" jig to construct them.  It was a square hole in a block of wood with a forstner hole bored into the edge off center to form the rounded part of the pull.  Cut blanks to fit the square... clamp in the blank... drill...remove the blank and rotate four times to profile all four edges of the block.  I then sloped the top with a belt sanding using another jig to align the faces.  It worked great.  You have to clamp the blank solidly before drilling the holes though. I made a couple hundred walnut pulls this way.
WoodNET... the new safespace