#8 and a 2 day opening
The plane has been precision ground and flat within .0015. Actually it is flatter. The sides were ground square to the bottom.

The blades have also been ground so there is no pitting or anything to contend with when sharpening.

The plane needs nothing but sharpening. Otherwise it is ready to go right out of the box. To help hold down prices I don't sharpen but I will make an exception for $10 more

I have a Stanley Bailey #8 flat bottom for sale for $150 plus shipping.
The tote and knob are rosewood with only normal wear and tear. Actually they are in great shape for a nearly 100 year old plane. I did strip and repaint it.

Pictures say it all.

And some will wonder what else is going on in the pictures. So here is a picture of the beginings of my grandson's Christmas present. A wood working bench,

My wife and I plan on opening our once a month Antique, Primitive, Wood Working store. Hopefully it has something for every one. We are working hard to have it completer by Aug 5. Open Aug. 5, 9-2 and Aug 6, 9-3.The address is 219 Main st. Nashua Ia.

Pictures of some of the things.

If you are looking for a day trip, there should be something for everyone . Also a couple of other primitive, re-purposed shows going on close by also.

Thanks for looking

Tom
Good luck with the store Tom!
Tom

Not only do you do a nice job on planes but a fantastic job on furniture also!!! I sent you a PM since I am going your way.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
I know most people here on the forum live a great distance from here And there is no way for them to even think of showing up. But my wife and I spent the greater part of a day last spring just going to a barn that had primitives listed. It was nice just to get away.

I also know that their are quite ae few here on the forum that are closer. Although there will probably be more for the women than the men, I like places that have something for me to look at also. And I certainly have stuff for men. There are a couple of other places open also.
I like to call it the great escape.

If you get a chance drop it if not check back and see what our next date will be.

Tom
???? Tom - where is here?

Wife and I travel a lot and we could be in your area someday. I would like to meet you; and maybe even buy something.
John

Always use the right tool for the job.

We need to clean house.
John Mihich said:

???? Tom - where is here?

Wife and I travel a lot and we could be in your area someday. I would like to meet you; and maybe even buy something.

John

He had it posted above the picture of his shop

My wife and I plan on opening our once a month Antique, Primitive, Wood Working store. Hopefully it has something for every one. We are working hard to have it completer by Aug 5. Open Aug. 5, 9-2 and Aug 6, 9-3.The address is 219 Main st. Nashua Ia.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Quote:

I would love to meet you or anybody that is just passing through. Whether or not a purchase is made is a moot point. I have an end table to finish, started on a christmas present, see above and now birthday present for a new grandchild who will get here in Dec. So I will be there most of the time in the upcoming season so your stop can come anytime., I'm retired Ha, Ha. Just let me know ahead of time if you can so I can be sure to be there. If not stop anyway,

Tom