Losing focus
Losing focus when you are using power tools can cost you fingers or worse. When you are using hand tools and you lose focus, you get to keep all of your finger, but you certainly lose time.

Today I was cutting dovetails for a shallow till for a small toolbox that I am restoring. I was thinking how nice it was to spend time in the shop. It was going along just fine, everything was fitting nicely, I test fit each corner and congratulated myself. I got ready to glue up and saw this:

Son of a Bisquit! Went together okay like this!

So I found the backwards joint and cut off the offending pins, think anyone will notice?

So a little snot, sawdust and several cuss words,plus some off-cuts and an hour I'll never get back, and...

The repair came out okay, it'll look better when it's all trimmed up. Guess I need to be a bit more methodical in my marking out!

David Carroll
Nice save. Looks good. I always try for a repair instead of a do over.
Yep, losing focus with power tools sometimes means losing fingers.

Nice save with the fix.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
theres never time to do it right, but there's always time to do it over!
Dave Arbuckle was kind enough to create a Sketchup model of my WorkMate benchtop: http://www.arbolloco.com/sketchup/MauleSkinnerBenchtop.skp
Nice, I am pretty sure furniture makers have been doing stuff like this for hundreds of years. In the last picture is that a piece of Plam cushioning the drawer?
Never be seen on a gallopin horse. Super fix.
That's why God invented nails!!!
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

Congratulate yourself on a handsome fix to the max. This looks so good I will try it should it ever happen to me.

Thx for sharing
You also improved my language.

"Son of a Biscuit"
I was nodding my head in sympathy, since I did precisely the same thing on my current project. I didn't think of your fix, though. You taught me a valuable thing.