Losing focus
Use the triangle marking system. It might help you avoid this.
I'm pretty sure it's those British chisels. They cut on the wrong side of the road!
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Here are the finished tills in the tool chest.

The tool chest itself has a sad story to tell, I found it twenty years ago, at the dump, missing its lid, most of the skirt was smashed off, there were no tills, the half-mortise lock was damaged beyond redemption, and it had clearly been used most recently to store grimy, oil-covered, parts. Still, the drawer was intact and the cast iron handles were sound and had fancy floral designs on them. So I dragged it home, vowing to return it to its former glory.

Now only twenty short years have gone by and I'm nearly finished! It took awhile to find some chestnut, which apparently doesn't grow on trees. But I found some and I built a new lid, did extensive restoration to the base and the framing around the drawer. I've ordered a new lock, fancy brass corners, a flush ring pull and some new felt. When finished, it will house my carving tools.

But here it is as of right now! Thanks for all the comments! Seems you've either got to get good at cutting joints, or good at fixing mistakes...

David Carroll
Monsieur Medlar said:

In the last picture is that a piece of Plam cushioning the drawer?

No, that's just the endblock on the tail-vise of my 35-year old Sjobergs workbench!

DC
Nice save.

In full disclosure, the only time I've needed a trip to the ER and stitches (so far) was actually from a handsaw, not my table saw.
My Dad always used to say that you could tell how good a craftsman was by how well they recovered from a mistake.

I think you did very well. 
Smile
See ya around,
Dominic
------------------------------
Don't you love it when you ask someone what time it is and to prove how smart they are, they tell you how to build a watch?
(07-25-2016, 05:33 PM)Blacky Wrote: My Dad always used to say that you could tell how good a craftsman was by how well they recovered from a mistake.

Well, if mistakes are the criteria, then I'm off the charts amazing.  
Big Grin  
Wink
Arnie
Big Grin 
Now I understand why some leave the scribe line when cutting dovetails. It's to mask the glue line of the glued-on pins! [Image: biggrin.png]
Nice save for sure, I have been there done that myself. It really makes you feel bad but you managed to save it, kuddo's for that.

Steve
Hey David,
   That's a super rescue.  Restorations exercise the whole palette of skills!

Chris
Chris