Torque on Byrd inserts for jointer head?
Time to rotate cutters. Need to know the proper torque for the Byrd jointer head.
Quote:

When replacing or rotating inserts, the seat should be as clean
as possible. This will prevent breakage of inserts and ensure
proper insert alignment. To properly align the insert, press the
insert away from the seat while tightening to approximately 45
inch pounds torque. This allows the countersink in the tip and
the taper of the head on the flathead screw to slide the tip into
its proper position.

P 31 of their catalog

I live about 30 miles from the factory -- went and picked up my 8" jointer head. (Sorry, no "factory seconds" available But they are really good folks to deal with.)
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
Thank you. I had about a 5 or 6 year run on one side, starting to tare up the wood so time to rotate. Thanks again. Jim
Here are the instructions

tip installation
Please note, that torque is in INCH-lbs, not foot-lbs.  You can't use most automotive style torque wrenches!!
I rotated my planer and joiner inserts recently and had one of about 150 break.  

I removed, cleaned, rotated and snugged them all first, then went back and torqued to spec.  One was clearly not fully/properly seated.  I had eye protection on and grateful.  The insert felt and sounded like it exploded, sending nasty shards all across the shop.  I did not expect that...thought worst-case, they'd crack.  Super hard, super brittle.
Thanks again for all the added info. Very enlightening.   Jim
I'll add too that the $20 harbor freight torque wrench is fine.  It's not the accuracy of the torque that's important but the consistency so 4% accuracy which is what I think the HF spec is will work.
I remember back when, we were all going to a bicycle supply place to buy "inch pound torque wrenches". I was diligent the first time or two. Now I couldn't find that wrench, just snugged until they are firm seems to be about the same thing. I've never heard chatter, they cut well, and don't break. I think that was what Byrd was looking for.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW