Just wondering if
a new business started making all woodworking machines here in the USA with all USA parts or they make most of them and with very high quality and 10 year guarantee would you buy them?

Lets say a very high quality 14" bandsaw was being sold just how much would you expect to pay and willing to pay?
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Northfield's smallest bandsaw, a 20" 2hp, belt drive machine is $9500 + shipping. Is it worth it? IMO, yes and I'd buy one if I had the need for such a production machine.
But going from there in answer to your question, a well made US sourced 14" bandsaw with the build quality of a 50's to 60's Delta or Powermatic- I'd go $3000 knowing I'd not have to ever worry about it breaking down or wearing out.
Probably not and the issue would come down to price. Too many vintage Made in USA machines in the used market for pennies on the dollar.
In addition, unlike others I do NOT have the fear of import machines as most of my WW tools are mid level or above imports. When I say mid level I don't mean brand but I mean within a product line. I rarely if ever purchase the bottom rung tool instead I opt up to at least a mid level. I can't say that I have avoided all problems but being willing to step up in a product line avoids some of the buyers remorse that sets in wanting to upgrade.

A 14" bandsaw isn't worth much to me no matter the era or where it was made.
2023-2024 NFL Pick 'em
Group ID#: 34296
Group Password IBTP
American consumers have demonstrated time and again that most buying decisions are based on price, secondly on quality, with country of origin way down the list. American manufacturers have to compete on a global basis if they want to be successful over the long haul. As far as I know, no Americian manufacturer makes a bandsaw that can even compete price wise with the European ones, and those aren't cheap. By the time you get down to a 14" machine I just don't see how they could do it. Very few people will spend double the money just to buy something made in America, even if the quality were clearly far better than the Asian saws. There already are some very good quality 14" saws out there, you have only to look at some of Laguna's offerings, which top out at about $1800 for the 14SUV. That's probably the upper end of what a US consumer is going to spend on one - otherwise they would be charging even more. I don't know how many 14SUV's Laguna sells, but I doubt it's very many. I doubt an American manufacturer could tool up to make a competitive saw with so little volume. Competitive holes are usually filled by someone. The fact that no American manufacturer competes in that market sort of proves they don't see an opportunity.

John
It would have to be a WHOLE lot better than what I could get now. I would not be willing to pay more than 25% over existing Chinese/Taiwanese BS's. One of the problems is a 10 year warranty doesn't mean much unless you have a long term reputation. Also, unless they sell something totally unique, it's not likely there's a real attraction to most businesses whose main concern is the bottom line and not patriotism. I'd venture to say most bandsaw sales are to commercial users, not hobbyists.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Stuff from Taiwan and Japan weren't that bad.
The actual China stuff has to be looked at closely. Some of their machining is more than horrible. Their metals fluctuate a lot in quality.
So maybe this is why American business no longer make and sell here. Also thinking if a lot of individuals think like this and I am in the same boat in a way since I can not afford the good stuff we should not complain of American Manufactures going to other countries.

Now if they could meet or like was said 15% to 20% more maybe OK but then again maybe not.

How is American workers demands on being paid the highest wages and demanding all the Bennies help the American business help them.

Maybe that is one of the reasons they can not compete, however, if something was sold now at a reasonable price I would think about getting it.

Also remember I just used the 14" bandsaw as an example and hope everyone knew that.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

There's an assumption that if American made, the quality will be better than something made in China or Taiwan. Maybe. Maybe not. Japanese steel is better quality than American steel, and by the time the US steel industry realized it, it was too late. Now US steel makers are relegated to specialty steels. Same for cars. Very few American designed and American made cars make the top 10 for reliability. They are far better than what we made in the late 70s thru the early 90s, though. Unless there's a commitment to quality and workmanship, American made might not necessarily mean better.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Seeing what you said brought up Robust which is a lathe totally made in America and competitively made and to me has a great warranty and made very well too. So there are business out there.

Arlin,

Unfortunately very few and they don't employee many workers Robust included.
Tim