Just wondering if
American made product would need to compete with comparable quality and capable machinery.  

A bandsaw might need to be comparable in price to an MM-16 if it was the same quality .. 

Lower price = Asian Import.  Higher price = Euro import.      The US product would simply need to fit into its niche.

American made product would need to compete with comparable quality and capable machinery.  

A bandsaw might need to be comparable in price to an MM-16 if it was the same quality .. 

Lower price = Asian Import.  Higher price = Euro import.      The US product would simply need to fit into its niche.
Achieving life is not the equivalent of avoiding death.
Ayn Rand

I have  General International lathe, 14" bandsaw and low speed grinder. I have had these tools for well over 10 years. Only service I have done was replace the bearings in the head stock on the lathe, very simple to do and not expensive. The band saw has the tension release, which I always use and have had no issues with the saw. These were made in  General plant in Taiwan. I would not hesitate to buy any of their tools.

Mel

I have  General International lathe, 14" bandsaw and low speed grinder. I have had these tools for well over 10 years. Only service I have done was replace the bearings in the head stock on the lathe, very simple to do and not expensive. The band saw has the tension release, which I always use and have had no issues with the saw. These were made in  General plant in Taiwan. I would not hesitate to buy any of their tools. Only other lathe I would buy is a Oneway.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member