FS: Stanley Mitre Box, Freshly Sharpened Saws, Eggbeater Drills
Here are a bunch of tools that have accumulated on the shelf and now need to find new homes. All have been cleaned and/or repaired as needed and are now fully functioning.

PM me for an estimate on shipping. I will happily combine shipping, if possible, on multiple items.

Stanley No. 358 Mitre Box Later model, but still US-made. It has the roller bearing saw guides that the earlier boxes do not have. It operates smoothly and will stay that way for a long time. This mitre box is much as it was found, other than for the new wooden deck made of stained birch. It was lightly cleaned to remove the accumulation of sawdust and tuned to produce accurate cuts, as the last couple of pictures can attest. The saw is in excellent condition, perfectly straight, and freshly sharpened. It will be partially disassembled and carefully crated for shipping. $115 plus shipping. !!SOLD!!

Simmons "Fast Mail" 7ppi Rip Saw Here is a very nice example of Simmons Hardware "Fast Mail" brand saw. It was sold by Simmons Hardware Company. While Keen Kutter was their most famous brand, they had many other brand names as well. This saw has their "Fast Mail" trademark name and has a really cool etch of a steam locomotive on the plate.

This saw has been cleaned and sharpened to 7ppi rip. The handle is original. There is a small chip at the front edge, but otherwise no breaks or cracks. It was lightly cleaned and waxed to preserve the color.
I tested it out on some hard maple. It cut smoothly and cleanly, leaving a cut edge that required little clean up.$55 plus shipping

Disston 10" Back Saw Here is a nice little Disston 10" back saw with 11 tpi crosscut teeth. The plate is perfectly straight, as is the folded back. Both were lightly cleaned and waxed. The saw has a somewhat coarse 11 tpi toothline. I chose to sharpen it as it was found since retoothing it would consume precious saw plate.

The handle has some chipping on the horns, but it otherwise solid. There was a piece of wood missing near the mortise, though that was repaired by patching in a piece taken from another vintage saw handle. The repair was further strengthened and stabilized by bedding the end of the folded back with two-part epoxy. The back and saw plate was liberally coated with grease to act as a release agent while the epoxy set. Once set, the metal parts were removed and wiped down to remove the grease. Reassembled, the parts now fit precisely and securely. $90 plus shipping

WardsMastr Push Drill/Screwdriver - In Original Box Nearly new Wards Master push drill/screwdriver in original box. It was probably only used once or twice, looking at the tips of the straight driver bits. The two-flute drill bit has never been used.

The original box has "screw driver" written on it by the original owner, but is otherwise solid and fully responsible for keeping this 50+ year old tool in excellent condition. The colors are vibrant and glossy, with just a few small chips in the paint.

Marked "WardsMastr 84-4632" on the handle, it was probably made by Stanley for Montgomery Wards department store. $25 plus shipping

Stanley No. 610 Eggbeater Drill Great little Stanley eggbeater drill with a 1/4" chuck. Fully enclosed gear drive. Operates smoothly. $20 plus shipping

Stanley No. 1220 Eggbeater Drill Another Stanley eggbeater drill with a 1/4" chuck. Storage handle contains seven two-flute drill bits. $10 plus shipping

Craftsman Eggbeater Drill (Millers Falls No 38) Nearly new Craftsman eggbeater drill. Probably 1950s. The handles have a few blemishes, but the paint and original decal are in excellent condition. The chuck is in perfect mechanical condition.

While labeled a Craftsman, it is actually a Millers Falls No 38 in disguise. One in slightly worse condition recently sold for $69 on Jim Bode's tool site. $30 plus shipping

Stanley Bevel Gauge Nice vintage Stanley bevel gage with rosewood handle. Some staining on the blade, but otherwise fully functional. $6 plus shipping

Sohaco Bevel Gauge Nice vintage "Sohaco" bevel gage with rosewood handle. Sold by the Southington Hardware Company. Looks a lot like a Stanley and could have been made by them. Some staining on the blade, but otherwise fully functional. $6 plus shipping

Stanley Handyman H1247 Block Plane Made in the US Stanley block plane, similar to the No. 102. No frills, but in great condition. It would make a great tool box plane. $10 plus shipping

The mitre box has been spoken for.
Bob Page
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In da U.P. of Michigan
www.loonlaketoolworks.com
Boy am I bummed I missed that mitre box!
That looks like a super clean barely used box!
I have a MF Langdon 74 that seems to work fine but has some welded repairs etc., that I would like to replace someday with a much cleaner un-repaired unit.
Good luck with your new tool!
Gordon
I'll take the Stanley drill if it's still available! Tried to send you a PM but system indicated yours is off. Best
David
David, I just changed settings on the new PM system, so you can message me now. All of the drills are still available.
Bob Page
In da U.P. of Michigan
(07-18-2016, 04:39 PM)DaveinLA Wrote: I'll take the Stanley drill if it's still available! Tried to send you a PM but system indicated yours is off. Best
David

The Stanley No. 610 eggbeater drill has been sold.
Bob Page
In da U.P. of Michigan