Feature Requests
  Re: Feature Requests by sysadmin (Put any feature requ...)
(07-19-2016, 01:06 AM)iclark Wrote: Does the green arrow actually work for anyone? They are consistently taking me to the first post in the thread no matter how many pages I had read of the thread prior to the switchover.

Update: the green arrow does work, but only for threads read since the switchover.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
(07-18-2016, 09:43 PM)skizzo Wrote: From user control panel or just by hitting "Private Messages"...

Left column.  Under heading "Messenger"

You have Inbox, sent items, Drafts, trashcan.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Not on my system... none of that exists anywhere on the screen display.

You have to be on full size mode to see those options. At least that how I found them.

e deploribus unum

Is it possible to list the thread starter (OP) as well as the last poster with each thread.
(07-19-2016, 01:06 AM)iclark Wrote: Does the green arrow actually work for anyone? They are consistently taking me to the first post in the thread no matter how many pages I had read of the thread prior to the switchover.

It does work for me.

Firefox/Windows 7 if it matters.
Sad since the rule was changed that only https can host pictures I can no longer post pictures from my website. It really took the fun and education out of the woodnet .
Doing a restoration project without pictures it's useless as far as the exchange of help, learning and information. It is not worth it to me to spend an additional $70 each year for it.
it just saddens me that all.
Don
Life is what you make of it, change your thinking, change your life!
Don's woodshop
(07-19-2016, 09:59 AM)Woodshop Wrote: Sad since the rule was changed that only https can host pictures I can no longer post pictures from my website. It really took the fun and education out of the woodnet .
Doing a restoration project without pictures it's useless as far as the exchange of help, learning and information. It is not worth it to me to spend an additional $70 each year for it.
it just saddens me that all.
Don

There are many free photo hosting sites out there.  Photobucket is one that I use and it's free.
Well, Bye...
Can you please enable Private messages as the default. I cannot send private messages to people because it is set to NOT allow private messages being received as the default setting.

Best,

Jonas
(07-19-2016, 10:06 AM)Mags® Wrote: There are many free photo hosting sites out there.  Photobucket is one that I use and it's free.

OK Mags, post a picture from photobucket. 

As far as I know, photobucket dos not support HTTPS. 

I request that Admin enable the use of HTTPS or HTTP photo links.    I don't know if the software supports it though. 

I believe that there is a plug-in to wrap HTTP type photo links in a HTTPS wrapper. 

Not having HTTP picture links breaks lots of historical threads as well as invalidates the use of many photo hosting sites.
Rocket Science is more fun when you actually have rockets. 

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government." -- Patrick Henry
(07-19-2016, 10:36 AM)Mr_Mike Wrote: OK Mags, post a picture from photobucket. 

As far as I know, photobucket dos not support HTTPS. 

I request that Admin enable the use of HTTPS or HTTP photo links.    I don't know if the software supports it though. 

I believe that there is a plug-in to wrap HTTP type photo links in a HTTPS wrapper. 

Not having HTTP picture links breaks lots of historical threads as well as invalidates the use of many photo hosting sites.

Well, Bye...
Please publish a new FAQ or tutorial on how to navigate the new format, what the options mean, etc.  It took me awhile to figure out how to display more than 10 replies to a thread.  Also, on the old WoodNet forum, please post the URL to the new forum.  I had bookmarked the old forum login page, and the new one has a different URL.  Took awhile to figure it out.  Even Google searches return the old WoodNet page.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill