Notices
  Re: Notices by sysadmin (Notices about the fo...)
The recent crash was caused because we ran out of space on the server, so we deleted some files and restarted it. Right now, the volume that we are using is 8 GB. Tomorrow we are going to add another 40 GB volume to that so that this will not be a problem again. However, we will have to shut down the server for a little while tomorrow while we attach the new volume.
Is there any way to donate to the forum to offset some of the costs? I'm happy to chip in a little each month. This is a great place with a lot to offer and a great group of people.

Chris
  Re: RE: Notices by Chris Watson (Is there any way to ...)
That is very kind of you and a great idea, thank you. Tomorrow I'll talk with my boss and see about putting a small donate button on here somewhere and also get you a mailing address.
  Re: RE: Notices by sysadmin (The recent crash was...)
We have allocated another 50 GB to this database, so we should not have to worry about running out of space any longer.
Good work folks, thank you!
  Re: RE: Notices by Chris Watson (Is there any way to ...)
Thanks again for offering to donate. The verdict here is that we won't be putting a donate button on the site, but I can recommend some of our sites that you can make purchases through. If you would prefer not to receive a physical product, we offer many digital ones.
woodsmith.com - subscriptions
woodsmithplans.com - plans
woodsmithlibrary.com - books
woodsmithstore.com - hardware and books
woodsmithshop.com - tv show
woodsmithvideoedition.com - video subscription
workbenchlibrary.com - books
woodsmithvideotips.com - video tips
I just grabbed one of your plans, I figured you might get most of that money vs a physical good.
I'll try and do that once a month. Thanks again for a great service!
I've modified the code so that any images that are put into posts will be automatically displayed as 500 pixels high. You can resize them by dragging them in their lower right corner. Let me know if you encounter any bugs with this new functionality. Also, the 500px default height is arbitrary, so if there is a large consensus that it should be lower or higher, I will change it.
I just made some improvements to the threaded mode. Now it is displayed roughly the same as the linear mode, but you can click the upper-left arrows to expand and minimize each tree. Additionally, it can be paginated now if you don't want to load an entire large thread at once. Pagination works with threaded mode by displaying any post that does not have a parent on the page that you are viewing with no indentation.
Tomorrow I will be upgrading the password hashing system. I have already implemented this change on the Cuisine forums without a hitch, so I do not anticipate troubles, but I just thought I'd let you know.