Pic Test
[Image: 005_zpsmuneq6te.jpg?1468937821219&146893...8937840398]
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
It would seem one needs to use the < img src="...." > tag AND that the image needs to be hosted using HTTPS, not HTTP

Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
Rob: I see your image is hosted on Flickr, so is mine; how did you get to that address in Flickr?
[Image: P1040793.jpg]

Yep, works...
Smile
If you cannot see images, here (like I couldn't)

You need to go into preference and allow it "Display images in posts" is an unchecked option

User CP> Edit Options> Thread view options
Peter Brown

I can fix that...

shop-time.net

On Flickr, you can get a URL that points back to the picture or various re-sized copies by:

1) Locate picture you want to post in your photo stream.
2) Find the little down pointing arrow in the lower right corner of the picture display area. It will look like it is pointing down at a horizontal line.
3) Click the arrow and pick "View all sizes". This will pop up a window that shows the original image as you uploaded it.
4) If this image is going to be too large for the forum, usually is with modern cameras, you can ask Flickr to re-size it for display by picking Medium 800 or Medium 640 for example. This brings up the same image again but re-sized to fit a maximum horizontal dimention.
5) Right click on the image and pick "copy image address". The image address is now on the cut-and-paste clipboard.
6) Use the
Code:
<"img src="https://blah.blah.blah">
tag and paste in the address. Make sure to include quotes around the URL and the beginning and closing <> pair.

(07-19-2016, 10:49 AM)kludge Wrote: If you cannot see images, here (like I couldn't)

You need to go into preference and allow it "Display images in posts" is an unchecked option

User CP> Edit Options> Thread view options

UGH!  <Slap upside my head>

thanks.

(07-19-2016, 11:18 AM)Rob Young Wrote:

On Flickr, you can get a URL that points back to the picture or various re-sized copies by:

1) Locate picture you want to post in your photo stream.
2) Find the little down pointing arrow in the lower right corner of the picture display area.  It will look like it is pointing down at a horizontal line.
3) Click the arrow and pick "View all sizes".  This will pop up a window that shows the original image as you uploaded it.
4) If this image is going to be too large for the forum, usually is with modern cameras, you can ask Flickr to re-size it for display by picking Medium 800 or Medium 640 for example.  This brings up the same image again but re-sized to fit a maximum horizontal dimention.
5) Right click on the image and pick "copy image address".  The image address is now on the cut-and-paste clipboard.
6) Use the
Code:
<"img src="https://blah.blah.blah">
tag and paste in the address.  Make sure to include quotes around the URL and the beginning and closing <> pair.

Got it, lets try this again

[Image: 28283531032_a3270ec9b5_b.jpg]

Actually, if I insert the "location" I get from Flickr into the "add an image" icon (and remember to click on the "see images" in my edit preferences) then it works.

All is well with the world again...........
Smile
Interesting thing, in Chrome I'm not seeing http images, just the link. Nor do I find the display images option in the UCP Edit Options page. It is as if I'm stuck with the mobile view no matter what. Don't see any buttons for adding image and quoting isn't working either. Time to fiddle with browser perhaps.

Edit to add, tried using FireFox and quoting myself, didn't show up. Here's a screen capture showing the preview and there is no quote. Didn't complete post.

Further, I went back and looked at the options in the UCP and do not find one as described elsewhere in this thread. Another screen cap:

At the very bottom of the page is a link "Switch to Full Version". Doesn't seem to do anything for me on either Chrome or Firefox.

Ah ha!  A combination of "cookies" and the "Board Style" being set to "MyBB GoMobile" prevents several options from being selected (or even visible).

Not at all helpful.
Dodgy
[Image: Curly%20maple%20and%20walnut%20tray%20091815%2002-L.jpg]
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
[Image: Panache_0581_zpshc7zgkp3.jpg]
Still Learning,

Allan Hill