Excalibur blade cover
I understand Fred's sentiments.  Another solution in lieu of the brackets is to just fabricate a storage cabinet to fit underneath the tablesaw wing to which the one leg support can be secured to (as long as you don't need to move your TS). I thought of doing this originally but wasn't setup to build anything at the time, and given how long some of my projects take (LOL) just went with the brackets.
(07-21-2016, 01:12 AM)Cian Wrote: The Excalibur is one of my best investments.  Couldn't use my tablesaw (or wouldn't want to) in my basement shop without one.  I'd buy it again in a heartbeat.

same here.  I bought a Sharkguard whaleguard for my Excalibur which makes it even better....better visibility and much better dust collection....but apparently not enough people wanted one and Lee stopped making them.

http://www.thesharkguard.com/whaleexcal.php

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. - Philip K. Dick

Mark

(07-21-2016, 10:05 AM)meackerman Wrote: same here.  I bought a Sharkguard whaleguard for my Excalibur which makes it even better....better visibility and much better dust collection....but apparently not enough people wanted one and Lee stopped making them.

http://www.thesharkguard.com/whaleexcal.php
I made a new guard for my Excalibur because the factory one wasn't very good.  I have a bracket welded to my mobile base that holds the leg so I don't have those brackets getting in the way of my cabinet below the table.
"There is no such thing as stupid questions, just stupid people"
I'm bemoaning the fact that Lee stopped making the Excalibur baskets,  I had one on my acquisition list and then learned they weren't that popular. I may have to make a new one myself, I'm not real crazy about the OEM version. That aside, I do like the Excalibur.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
I can be talked into making these again. I was still getting orders for them awhile after I quit producing them. The new ones would be a little different though. The old ones had all welded parts. The newer ones would eliminate all the welding except on the dust port itself.
The rest of it would have replaceable parts. It would be modular much like the current SGK1 Shark Guards. Bolt together. It would be a little bit thicker polycarbonate all around too. The old ones were .1875" thick.
The new ones would use .22". 
Like our Shark Guard, the new ones will have a roller on the front.
It could also have one way wheels on the rear to help avoid kickback. I have some of that hardware in stock already.
Let me know if there is interest.

Smile
Lee
Lee,
I would be interested in one. I tried sending you a PM, but it looks like you haven't been through the user CP stuff yet. The I tried linking the website shown on your profile and that didn't seem to work either.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
I thought I was at the wrong place actually.
Smile

I will get that stuff corrected in the User CP when I get a chance.
This is my email.

leestyatgulftelpointcom
Lee
Lee, we've emailed in the past about this-I've just sent an email confirming that I'm still interested myself.
I finished up making the braces over the weekend and installed them tonight. It's nice to finally have the boom leveled out instead of drooping.

[Image: IMG_1302_zpsnaddupvt.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1300_zps0db4y2qh.jpg]
Vince Ancona
WoodNet Moderator
Editor, Woodsmith Magazine
Nice job, looks just like the OEM ones.